Quick: Up to roughly $3.4 million in cap space.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: De’Aaron Fox, Cory Joseph, Yogi Ferrell
SG: Buddy Hield, B.J. Johnson
SF: Harrison Barnes (pending), Bogdan Bogdanovic, Trevor Ariza
PF: Marvin Bagley III, Nemanja Bjelica, Caleb Swanigan, Wenyen Gabriel (two-way)
C: Dewayne Dedmon (pending), Richaun Holmes (pending), Harry Giles
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $0 (Richaun Holmes, pending)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- B.J. Johnson $1,416,852
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Justin James (2019-40th), Kyle Guy (2019-55th), Vanja Marinkovic (2019-60th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th)
Waived Players: Frank Mason
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Stockton Kings (Anthony McClish general manager, Ty Ellis head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Wenyen Gabriel
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Luke Walton
Assistants: Igor Kokoskov, Bob Beyer, Jesse Mermuys, Roy Rana, Bobby Jackson (assistant player development coach), Jonah Herscu (advance scout) and Will Scott (head video coordinator and player development coach)
Trainers: Pete Youngman (director of sports medicine), Manny Romero (head athletic trainer), Ramsey Nijem (head performance and strength coach), Aung Aye (manual therapist and assistant athletic trainer), Teena Murray (senior director of athlete health and performance)
- Vlade Divac — vice president of basketball and general manager
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Peja Stojakovic — assistant general manager
- Mike Bratz — assistant general manager
- Luke Bornn — vice president of basketball strategy and analytics
- Anthony McClish — director of basketball operations
- Elizabeth Ramsey — director of basketball operations and intelligence
- Bill Pope — director of pro personnel
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic, Kyrie Irving, George Hill).
- 2020 — Owed a second-rounder from the Houston Rockets or Golden State Warriors (TBD).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts, Gary Trent Jr.).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Memphis Grizzlies (Ben McLemore).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadline on Buddy Hield.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Marvin Bagley III, De’Aaron Fox, Caleb Swanigan and Harry Giles.
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Trevor Ariza and Cory Joseph.
- 1/10/20 — B.J. Johnson’s $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on B.J. Johnson, Buddy Hield and Bogdan Bogdanovic.
- 6/29/20 — Nemanja Bjelica’s $7,150,000 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of the 2020-21 season — Extension deadlines on De’Aaron Fox, Caleb Swanigan and Harry Giles.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Marvin Bagley III.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on De’Aaron Fox, Caleb Swanigan and Harry Giles.
- Before first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Marvin Bagley III.
- TBD — Guarantee details for Trevor Ariza’s 2020-21 salary;
- TBD — Guarantee details for Cory Joseph’s 2021-22 salary.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/11/19 — Fired coach Dave Joerger
- 4/11/19 — Extended vice president of basketball and general manager Vlade Divac’s contract.
- 4/15/19 — Hired Coach Luke Walton.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Justin James (40th), Ignas Brazdeikis (47th), Vanja Marinkovic (60th).
- 6/20/19 — Harrison Barnes opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/21/19 — Traded the draft rights to Ignas Brazdeikis (47th) to the New York Knicks for the draft rights to Kyle Guy (55th) and $1,000,000.
- 6/28/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 7/4/19 — Waived Frank Mason.
- 7/4/19 — Guaranteed Yogi Ferrell’s $3.15 million salary for 2019-2020.
- 7/4/19 — Waived Frank Mason.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced Willie Cauley-Stein, Corey Brewer, Alec Burks, Troy Williams and Kosta Koufos.
- 7/7/19 – -Signed Cory Joseph to a partially-guaranteed three-year $37,200,000 contract.
- 7/8/19 — Signed Trevor Ariza to a partially-guaranteed two-year $25 million contract.
- TBD — Agreed to re-sign Harrison Barnes to a four-year $85.1 million contract.
- TBD — Agreed to sign Dewayne Dedmon to a three-year $40 million contract.
- TBD — Agreed to sign Richaun Holmes to a two-year $9.7 million contract.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Golden 1 Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/8/19)