|Miles Plumlee (waived)||$12,400,000|
|Dion Waiters (waived)||$12,100,000|
|Jaren Jackson Jr.||$6,927,480|
|Dwight Howard (waived)||$3,039,097|
|Avery Bradley (waived)||$2,000,000|
|Jordan Bell (waived)||$1,620,564|
|Dakari Johnson (stretched)||$459,414|
|Ivan Rabb (waived)||$371,758|
|Anthony Tolliver (expired 10-day)||$91,557|
|Dusty Hannahs (expired 10-day)||$81,678|
|Jarrod Uthoff (expired 10-day)||$81,678|
|John Konchar (two-way)|
|Yuta Watanabe (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap. Hard-capped via the Tyus Jones sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ja Morant, De’Anthony Melton, Tyus Jones
SG: Dillon Brooks, Marko Guduric, Yuta Watanabe (two-way), John Konchar (two-way), Grayson Allen (injured)
SF: Kyle Anderson, Josh Jackson, Justise Winslow (injured)
PF: Jaren Jackson Jr., Brandon Clarke, Anthony Tolliver, Jontay Porter
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Gorgui Dieng
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Mike Conley, expiring 10/23/20) — $7,726,457
- Trade Exception (C.J. Miles, expiring 10/23/20) — $3,126,308
- Trade Exception (Kyle Korver, expiring 10/24/20) — $3,440,000
- Trade Exception (Jevon Carter, expiring 10/24/20) — $1,416,852
- Trade Exception (Delon Wright, expiring 10/25/20) — $4,736,842
- Trade Exception (Andre Iguodala, expiring 2/6/21) — $4,185,185
- Trade Exception (Bruno Caboclo, expiring 2/6/21) — $1,845,301
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Tyus Jones)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $998,000 (Marko Guduric)
Waived Players: Avery Bradley, Dwight Howard, Matt Mooney, Dusty Hannahs, Ahmad Caver, Jarrod Uthoff, Shaq Buchanan, Ivan Rabb, Miles Plumlee, Bennie Boatwright, Dion Waiters, Jordan Bell
Traded Players: Mike Conley, C.J. Miles, Kyle Korver, Jevon Carter, Julian Washburn, Chandler Parsons, Andre Iguodala, Jae Crowder, Solomon Hill, Bruno Caboclo
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Dusty Hannahs, Jarrod Uthoff, Anthony Tolliver
G-League Affiliate: Memphis Hustle (head coach Jason March)
Two-Way Contracts: Yuta Watanabe, John Konchar
Head Coach: Taylor Jenkins
Assistants: Niele Ivey, Brad Jones, David McClure, James “Scoonie” Penn, Vitaly Potapenko, Nevan Spahija
Trainers: David Crewe (head athletic trainer), Allen Gruver (medical director), Eric Oetter (director of performance)
- Jason Wexler – president
- Zachary Kleiman — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Rich Cho — vice president of basketball strategy
- Glen Grunwald — senior advisor
- Tayshaun Prince — vice president of basketball affairs
- Chantal Hassard — vice president of team operations and player programs
- Chris Makris — director of player personnel
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected, top-six in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).
- 2020 — Owed a first-rounder (8-14 range through 2021, top-six protected in 2022, top-three protected in 2023, top-one in 2024 otherwise converts to 2025 and 2026 second-rounders) from the Utah Jazz (Mike Conley).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Chicago Bulls (Justin Holiday), may go to the Washington Wizards or Houston Rockets (TBD).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder (31-35 range) from the Phoenix Suns (Josh Jackson).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Portland Trail Blazers (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis, Delon Wright).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Ben McLemore).
- 2022 — Grizzlies have second-round swap rights with Detroit Pistons (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second-rounder (Jameer Nelson).
- 2023 — Owed the lower second-rounder from the Miami HEAT or Dallas Mavericks (Delon Wright).
- 2023 — The Grizzlies can swap second-rounders, the lower of the Dallas Mavericks and Miami HEAT, from the Houston Rockets provided Houston’s second is lower than 32 (Jordan Bell).
- 2024 — Owed a first-rounder (top-4 protected in 2024, top-1 protected in 2025 and unprotected in 2026) from the Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2024 — Owed a second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Marc Gasol).
- 2024 — Owe a second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Brandon Clarke).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $1 million to the Portland Trail Blazers (Desmond Bane) — $4,617,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $2 million from the Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala) — $3,617,000 remaining
- 4/11/19 — Fired coach J.B. Bickerstaff.
- 4/11/19 — General manager Chris Wallace demoted to scouting.
- 4/11/19 — Jason Wexler named president, Zachary Kleiman as executive vice president of basketball operations.
- 4/12/19 — C.J. Miles opted into the final year of his contract.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 2nd pick in the draft lottery.
- 6/11/19 — Hired Coach Taylor Jenkins.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Ja Morant (2nd).
- 6/25/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Delon Wright.
- 6/27/19 — Declined to extend qualifying offer to Tyler Dorsey.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Ja Morant (2019-2nd) to a $39,619,480 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/5/19 — Dillon Brooks’ $1,618,520 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 7/6/19 — Waived Avery Bradley.
- 7/6/19 — Traded Mike Conley to the Utah Jazz for Jae Crowder, Kyle Korver, Grayson Allen, the rights to Darius Bazley (23rd) and a protected 2020 first-rounder.
- 7/6/19 — Traded the rights to Darius Bazley (23rd) and a 2024 second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder for the rights to Brandon Clarke (21st).
- 7/6/19 — Traded C.J. Miles to the Washington Wizards for Dwight Howard.
- 7/7/19 — Traded Kyle Korver and Jevon Carter to the Phoenix Suns for Josh Jackson, De’Anthony Melton and a second-rounder.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Brandon Clarke (2019-21st) to a $12,152,560 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/19 — Traded Julian Washburn to the Golden State Warriors for Andre Iguodala and a 2024 first-rounder.
- 7/7/19 — Traded Chandler Parsons to the Atlanta Hawks for Solomon Hill and Miles Plumlee.
- 7/7/19 — Signed John Konchar to a two-way contract.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Jonas Valanciunas to a three-year $45 million contract.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Tyus Jones to a three-year $26,451,429 contract (Minnesota Timberwolves unmatched offer sheet, incentives TBD).
- 7/8/19 — Traded Delon Wright (via sign and trade) on a three-year $30,149,000 contract (incentives TBD) to the Dallas Mavericks for the rights to Satnam Singh (2015-52nd), a 2021 Portland Trail Blazers second-rounder, a 2023 second-rounder (lower of the Miami HEAT and Mavericks).
- 7/10/19 — Bruno Caboclo’s 2019-20 salary guaranteed at $300,000.
- 7/17/19 — Deyonta Davis trade exception ($128,099) expired.
- 7/31/19 — Signed Marko Guduric to a two-year $5,375,000 contract.
- 8/24/19 — Waived Dwight Howard.
- 9/4/19 — Signed Matt Mooney to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/14/19 — Waived Matt Mooney.
- 10/14/19 — Signed Dusty Hannahs to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/19 — Waived Dusty Hannahs.
- 10/15/19 — Signed Ahmad Caver to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/16/19 — Waived Ahmad Caver.
- 10/16/19 — Signed Jarrod Uthoff to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/17/19 — Waived Jarrod Uthoff.
- 10/17/19 — Signed Shaq Buchanan to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/18/19 — Waived Shaq Buchanan.
- 10/18/19 — Signed Bennie Boatwright to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Ivan Rabb, Miles Plumlee and Bennie Boatwright.
- 10/21/19 — Picked up Jaren Jackson Jr. and Grayson Allen’s third-year rookie-scale options.
- 10/31/19 — Declined Josh Jackson’s fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 1/10/20 — Bruno Caboclo’s $1,845,301 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 2/5/20 — Signed Dillon Brooks to a three-year $35 million extension.
- 2/6/20 — Traded Andre Iguodala, Jae Crowder and Solomon Hill to the Miami HEAT for Justise Winslow and Dion Waiters from the HEAT, and Gorgui Dieng from the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- 2/6/20 — Traded Bruno Caboclo to the Houston Rockets for Jordan Bell and 2023 second-round swap rights.
- 2/7/20 — Shelvin Mack ($1,512,601) and Garrett Temple ($184,467) trade exceptions expired.
- 2/9/20 — Waived Dion Waiters.
- 2/21/20 – Signed Dusty Hannahs to a 10-day $81,678 contract
- 2/27/20 — Ended Dusty Hannah’s 10-day contract.
- 2/27/20 — Signed Jarrod Uthoff to a 10-day $81,678 contract.
- 3/2/20 — Waived Jordan Bell.
- 3/2/20 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a 10-day $144,901 contract.
- 3/7/20 — Jarrod Uthoff’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/8/20 — Signed Jontay Porter to a two-year $1,715,914 contract, team option on final season.
- 6/23/20 – Anthony Tolliver’s 10-day contract expired.
- 6/23/20 — Signed Anthony Tolliver for the rest of the season at $289,803.
- 11/20/20 — Traded a 2023 second-rounder (from the Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets or Miami HEAT) and a 2025 second-rounder to the Boston Celtics, and $1 million to the Portland Trail Blazers for Mario Hezonja from the Trail Blazers and the rights to Desmond Bane (2020-30th) from the Celtics.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Tyler Dorsey ($1,818,486)
- Non-Bird: Joakim Noah ($1,618,486)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Wang Zhelin (2016-57th), Tyler Harvey (2015-51st), Satnam Singh (2015-52nd)
Arena: FedEx Forum
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/23/21)
- Pelicans agree to two-year extension with Larry Nance Jr.
- Denver Nuggets showing strong team chemistry in training camp
- Shaquille O’Neal interested in joining Jeff Bezos in bid to buy Suns
- Lakers-Warriors is second most expensive NBA regular season game
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson skipping both preseason games in Japan