Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the John Konchar, Jontay Porter and Xavier Tillman Sr. contracts via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Up to $24.6 million in cap space.
NBA Draft: No. 17, No. 51 from the Portland Trail Blazers (Rodney Hood, Kevin Porter Jr., Deividas Sirvydis, Delon Wright); No. 46 to the Toronto Raptors (Ben McLemore, Terence Davis)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Wang Zhelin (2016-57th), Tyler Harvey (2015-51st), Satnam Singh (2015-52nd)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ja Morant, De’Anthony Melton, Tyus Jones, Tim Frazier
SG: Desmond Bane, Grayson Allen, John Konchar, Sean McDermott (two-way)
SF: Dillon Brooks, Justise Winslow (injured)
PF: Kyle Anderson, Xavier Tillman Sr, Jontay Porter, Jaren Jackson Jr (injured), Brandon Clarke (injured)
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Killian Tillie (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Projected Room Exception — $4,910,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Jontay Porter $1,950,000 — 8/18/21
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
- Justise Winslow $13 million (team)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Justise Winslow ($19,500,000 on opt out)
- Early Bird: Tyler Dorsey**** ($1,669,1678)
- Non-Bird: Tim Frazier ($1,669,178), Killian Tillie (two-way, RFA)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
- Killian Tillie (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Jaren Jackson Jr
- Grayson Allen
- Desmond Bane (third-year)
- Ja Morant (fourth-year)
- Brandon Clarke (fourth-year)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Memphis Hustle (general manager Daniel Marcus, head coach Jason March)
Two-Way Contracts: Sean McDermott
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Robert Pera
- Zachary Kleiman — general manager & executive vice president of basketball operations
- Tayshaun Prince — vice president of basketball affairs
- Rich Cho — vice president of basketball strategy
- Chantal Hassard — vice president of team operations and player programs
- Chris Makris — director of player personnel
- Glen Grunwald — senior advisor
- Chris Wallace — senior advisor of player personnel
Head Coach: Taylor Jenkins
Assistants: Blake Ahearn, Brad Jones, Darko Rajakovic, David McClure, James “Scoonie” Penn, Sonia Raman, Vitaly Potapenko
Trainers: Eric Oetter (director of sports medicine), Christopher Chase (director of performance), Michael Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Jeff Deits (head athletic trainer)
- 2022 — Owed a first-rounder (top-six protected in 2022, top-three protected in 2023, top-one in 2024 otherwise converts to 2025 and 2026 second-rounders) from the Utah Jazz (Mike Conley).
- 2024 — Owed a second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Marc Gasol).
- 2024 — Owe a second-rounder to the Washington Wizards (Brandon Clarke, Admiral Schofield).
- 2025 — Owe a second-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Desmond Bane), will convey to either the Orlando Magic (Evan Fournier) or Oklahoma City Thunder (Kemba Walker).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Team option deadline for Justise Winslow.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/18/21 — Jontay Porter’s $1,950,000 guarantees for 2021-22.
- Before first day of 2021-22 season — Extension deadlines for Jaren Jackson Jr. and Grayson Allen.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Desmond Bane, Brandon Clarke and Ja Morant.
- 6/8/22 — Jontay Porter’s $2 million guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jaren Jackson Jr. and Grayson Allen.
- 7/3/22 — John Konchar’s $2.3 million guarantees for 2022-23.
- Before first day of 2022-23 season — Extension deadlines for Brandon Clarke and Ja Morant
- 10/31/22 — Team option on Desmond Bane.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Brandon Clarke.
- 6/29/23 — Team option on Xavier Tillman Sr.
- 7/3/23 — De’Anthony Melton’s $8 million guarantees for 2023-24.
- 7/3/23 — John Konchar’s $2.4 million guarantees for 2023-24.
- Before first day of 2023-24 season — Extension deadline for Desmond Bane.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Desmond Bane.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/3/21 — Extended executive vice president of basketball operations Zach Kleiman’s contract.
- Kyle Anderson — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: FedEx Forum
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/2/21)