Is Fred VanVleet playing tonight (Apr. 12) against Bulls?
Fred VanVleet (thumb) of the Toronto Raptors is listed as probable for Wednesday night’s play-in tournament matchup versus the Chicago Bulls. The All-Star guard missed 13 games this past regular season.
However, the seven-year veteran is expected to play. For other players listed on Toronto’s injury report, while Otto Porter Jr. (foot) is out for the season, OG Anunoby (ankle) is also probable.
According to a couple of NBA betting sites, Fred VanVleet and the Raptors have 17th-ranked odds to win the championship. Check out which sportsbooks are showing better odds for the New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks.
Most bet (tickets) player props Raptors-Bulls at @BetMGM
Fred VanVleet over 18.5 points (-125)
Alex Caruso over 9.5 points-rebounds-assists (-130)
Jakob Poeltl over 13.5 points-assists (-115)
— John Ewing 🦁 (@johnewing) April 12, 2023
In 69 starts during the regular season, Fred VanVleet averaged 19.3 points, 4.1 rebounds, a career-highs 7.2 assists, and 1.8 steals per game. Plus, the guard shot 39.3% from the floor and 34.2% beyond the arc.
VanVleet scored a season-high 39 points against the Sacramento Kings (Dec. 14), Brooklyn Nets (Dec. 16), and Milwaukee Bucks (Jan. 17). In Toronto’s 131-128 loss to the Utah Jazz on Feb. 1, the guard recorded a triple-double, amassing 34 points, 12 boards, and 10 assists.
Raptors guard Fred VanVleet (thumb) is probable for Wednesday night’s home game against Bulls
Toronto went 7-6 in the regular season in games without VanVleet. Of course, the Raptors finished 7-3 in their last 10 games of the regular season. Also, the Raptors are 11-1 in their past 12 home games. Not to mention, Toronto is 9-2 in its previous 11 meetings at home versus Chicago.
Additionally, the point total has gone under in five of Toronto’s last six games played against the Bulls. And the total has gone under in five of the Raptors’ past seven matchups versus Central Division opponents. To add to the aforementioned betting trends, Toronto is 4-2 ATS in its last six games when playing as the favorite.
Toronto Raptors PG Fred VanVleet said that Chicago Bulls HC Billy Donovan "has been one of the better defensive coaches since he has been in the league."
VanVleet said that Patrick Beverley has been a huge help for the Bulls. "He inspires guys and the culture."
— Daniel Greenberg (@ChiSportUpdates) April 11, 2023
Meanwhile, the Bulls finished 6-4 in their final 10 regular-season contests. Chicago is 4-2 ATS in its past six games played. The Bulls are 7-3 ATS in their previous 10 encounters versus Toronto. And Chicago is 8-2 in its last 10 road games. As an underdog, the team is 19-27 as well.
Per ESPN’s Basketball Power Index, the Raptors have a 59.1% chance of defeating Chicago. Sportsbooks now show Toronto as a six-point favorite at home. Toronto is 31-20 this season as a favorite. Based on the available data, Fred VanVleet is definitely playing.
NBA Betting Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our List of The Best Sites to Bet on NBA Games.
- Best NBA Betting Apps – Top Betting Apps for NBA Ranked & Reviewed 2023.
- NBA Finals Betting – In-depth Guide for Betting on NBA Finals 2023.
- Best NBA Betting Strategies – Find the Best NBA Betting Strategy with our Expert Guide 2023.
- Free NBA Betting Picks – Discover Expert NBA Picks for Guaranteed Wins.
- NBA Betting Spreads – Learn to Bet on NBA Spreads & Claim up to $1,000 in Bonuses.
- NBA Draft Betting Guide – Best Odds, Picks and Betting Offers for 2023.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth Guide for NBA Futures Betting.
- NBA Live Betting Guide – Discover the Best NBA Live Betting Sites for 2023.
- Suns Rumors: Deandre Ayton to be traded this offseason?
- NBA Commissioner Adam Silver is cautious about Saudi investment in the NBA: ‘It’s a two-edged sword’
- Steph Curry wants the Golden State Warriors to keep their core together for at least one more season
- Denver rookie Christian Braun hopes to lift NBA trophy only a year after conquering NCAA championship
- NBA Finals 2023 Ratings Down 3% In Game 3 From Last Year’s Warriors-Celtics
Main Page 4 days ago
Magic star Jonathan Isaac to launch ‘Anti-Woke’ clothing brand UNITUS in August
NBA 2 weeks ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
Main Page 3 days ago
Highest-Paid NBA Mascots 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Rocky Earns $625K Salary
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Dallas Mavericks Not Interested in Pursuing D’Angelo Russell