Carmelo Anthony has a 98.4% chance of being inducted into the NBA Hall of Fame
Carmelo Anthony announced his retirement from the NBA on Monday morning, and Basketball Reference still shows the 10-time All-Star with a 98.4% chance of making it into the Hall of Fame.
Anthony has the eighth-highest probability, trailing LeBron James (100%), Kevin Durant (100%), Chris Paul (100%), Stephen Curry (100%), James Harden (99.9%), Russell Westbrook (99.9%), and Anthony Davis (98.6%).
Over his 19-year NBA career, Anthony played for six teams: Denver Nuggets (2003-11), New York Knicks (2011-17), Oklahoma City Thunder (2017-18), Houston Rockets (2018-19), Portland Trail Blazers (2019-21), and Los Angeles Lakers (2021-22).
Per multiple NBA betting sites, Nuggets center Nikola Jokic is projected to win Finals MVP this season. Sportsbooks show Denver as the clear-cut favorite to win the championship.
Our Hall of Fame probability model puts Carmelo Anthony's chances at 98.4%. 🏆
See the full list here: https://t.co/cTW7DObtG1 pic.twitter.com/BtPmfC3T1i
— Basketball Reference (@bball_ref) May 22, 2023
“I remember the days when I had nothing, just a ball on the court and a dream of something more,” Carmelo Anthony said in a videotaped message on Twitter. “But basketball was my outlet. My purpose was strong, my communities, the cities I represented with pride and the fans that supported me along the way.
“I am forever grateful for those people and places because they made me Carmelo Anthony. … Now the time has come for me to say goodbye … to the game that gave me purpose and pride.”
Carmelo Anthony has eighth-highest odds of making it into the NBA Hall of Fame, trailing LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Stephen Curry, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, and Anthony Davis
In 1,260 career games, Anthony averaged 22.5 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.0 steal, and 34.5 minutes per game. The New York native also shot 44.7% from the floor and 35.5% outside the arc. Anthony made starts in 1,120 contests.
Anthony (28,289) finished ninth on the NBA’s all-time scoring list, ranking below James (38,652), Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387), Karl Malone (36,928), Kobe Bryant (33,643), Michael Jordan (32,292), Dirk Nowitzki (31,560), Wilt Chamberlain (31,419), and Shaquille O’Neal (28,596).
Moreover, Carmelo Anthony received two All-NBA Second-Team selections (2010, 2013) and four All-NBA Third-Team selections (2006, 2007, 2009, 2012). Plus, the forward was named to the NBA All-Rookie First Team in 2004.
Thank you #STAYME7O pic.twitter.com/4au8cOd13s
— Carmelo Anthony (@carmeloanthony) May 22, 2023
While with the Knicks in the 2012-13 season, Anthony became the league’s scoring champion after averaging 28.7 points per game through 67 starts. In 2021, the Syracuse product was named to the NBA’s 75th Anniversary Team.
Additionally, in New York’s 125-96 win over the Charlotte Bobcats (now Hornets) on Jan. 14, 2014, Anthony scored a career-high 62 points in 39 minutes of action. Along with grabbing 13 boards, the forward shot 23-of-35 (65.7%) from the field and 6-of-11 (54.5%) beyond the arc.
Carmelo Anthony should have no problem being inducted into the NBA Hall of Fame. Anthony will soon join the aforementioned Hall of Famers listed above on the all-time scoring list.
NBA Betting Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our List of The Best Sites to Bet on NBA Games.
- Best NBA Betting Apps – Top Betting Apps for NBA Ranked & Reviewed 2023.
- NBA Finals Betting – In-depth Guide for Betting on NBA Finals 2023.
- Best NBA Betting Strategies – Find the Best NBA Betting Strategy with our Expert Guide 2023.
- Free NBA Betting Picks – Discover Expert NBA Picks for Guaranteed Wins.
- NBA Betting Spreads – Learn to Bet on NBA Spreads & Claim up to $1,000 in Bonuses.
- NBA Draft Betting Guide – Best Odds, Picks and Betting Offers for 2023.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth Guide for NBA Futures Betting.
- NBA Live Betting Guide – Discover the Best NBA Live Betting Sites for 2023.
- NBA Playoffs 2023 Is Most Watched Postseason Since 2012
- Heat vs. Nuggets Odds, Picks, & Predictions Game 2 of 2023 NBA Finals
- How to Watch Heat vs. Nuggets Game 2 | Free NBA Playoffs Live Stream
- NBA Finals 2023 viewership down 3.76 million from Game 1 of Warriors-Celtics series opener
- Angel Reese Signs NIL Deal to Feature in Starry Commercial With Zion Williamson and KAT But You Can’t See Her
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 1 week ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
Main Page 5 days ago
Highest-Paid NBA Mascots 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Rocky Earns $625K Salary
NBA 6 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes