Dikembe Mutombo Attempting to Buy Rockets
Hall of Fame center Dikembe Mutombo, who played the final five years of his career with the Houston Rockets and retired in 2009, said he is working on putting a group together that he hopes will try and buy the Rockets franchise.
Owner Leslie Alexander put the Rockets on the market on Monday.
“I’m working on it,” Mutombo said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. “I’m talking to a lot of people already since (Monday). We’ll see.
“I’m just talking to the people who can cut the check and they can make me be part of it. I’m working on that.”
Mutombo said the people he is speaking with are receptive to the idea of attempting to purchase the Rockets franchise.
“A lot of people think it’s a great thing,” Mutombo said. “It’s a great opportunity.
Source: Mark Berman of Fox 26 Sports
- NBA Playoffs 2023 Is Most Watched Postseason Since 2012
- Heat vs. Nuggets Odds, Picks, & Predictions Game 2 of 2023 NBA Finals
- How to Watch Heat vs. Nuggets Game 2 | Free NBA Playoffs Live Stream
- NBA Finals 2023 viewership down 3.76 million from Game 1 of Warriors-Celtics series opener
- Angel Reese Signs NIL Deal to Feature in Starry Commercial With Zion Williamson and KAT But You Can’t See Her
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 1 week ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
Main Page 5 days ago
Highest-Paid NBA Mascots 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Rocky Earns $625K Salary
NBA 6 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes