In the midst of controversy surrounding general manager Danny Ferry and minority owner Bruce Levenson, the Atlanta Hawks re-signed forward Elton Brand to a one-year, $2 million contract, according to Yahoo Sports on Wednesday.
Brand averaged 5.7 points and 4.9 rebounds and shot 53.9 percent from the field last season for the Hawks.
The 2014-15 season will be Brand’s 16th in the NBA.
Levenson is selling his stake in the team and Ferry is taking heat for comments about free agent Luol Deng during the summer.
- Stephen Curry has recorded the most 30+ point, 10+ assist games in Warriors history
- Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
- Lakers interested in trading for Bulls guard Zach LaVine?
- Pelicans’ Dyson Daniels (right ankle sprain) remains out against Wizards
- Utah Jazz consider Markkanen, Kessler and Agbaji as their only “untouchables” for trade
Legal 2 weeks ago
Texas could push for legalized casino and sports betting in 2023
NBA 3 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Nikola Jokic adds to MVP case with game-winner over Magic
NBA 5 days ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again