According to a source with knowledge of the situation, the Golden State Warriors are increasing their efforts to land Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star forward Kevin Love.
Love has recently been linked to trade talks with the Cleveland Cavaliers. LeBron James has even reached out and voiced his desire to play with him according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. The Cavaliers are willing to let go of the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft Andrew Wiggins, but the Warriors are now willing to let go of Klay Thompson as well.
The Warriors have been trying to acquire Love without letting go of Thompson, but have come off of that stance because Love is willing to exercise his option for the 2015-16 season and put off becoming a free agent next summer according to a source.
David Lee and Harrison Barnes are expected to be a part of the deal as well. No trade is imminent, but the Warriors are willing to do whatever it takes to land Love now – even if that means letting go of a franchise favorite in Thompson.
- Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
- Bucks superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo redeems promotion code for free Wingstop
- Caitlin Clark “You Break It, You Own It” Merchandise Makes Her Highest-Selling NIL Athlete of All-Time
- NBA All-Star Game Viewership Up 20% In 2024
- CJ McCollum only NBA player this season shooting over 50% on pull-up 2s, 40% on pull-up 3-pointers
NBA 2 weeks ago
Reports say Donovan Mitchell will only extend contract with Cavs if team contends for title this season
NBA 7 days ago
NBA Championship Odds: Which Teams Are The Favorites To Win The NBA Title?
NBA 13 hours ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Trail Blazers Likely to Retain Jerami Grant and Malcolm Brogdon