NBA News Wire
NBA notebook: Rondo to miss Monday’s game
Dallas Mavericks point guard Rajon Rondo reportedly will not play Monday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves due to a facial injury.
League sources told ESPN that Rondo, who suffered the injury in the first quarter of Saturday night’s win in Orlando, was scheduled to be evaluated Sunday by the Mavericks’ medical staff to establish how long he will be sidelined.
The injury occurred when Rondo tripped and was accidentally kneed in the face by teammate Richard Jefferson. Jefferson did not see Rondo on the floor as he started to sprint down the court on a fast break.
In 20 games since being acquired by Dallas from the Boston Celtics on Dec. 18, Rondo is averaging 9.7 points and 6.9 assists, while shooting 40 percent from the floor.
–The Houston Rockets fear that center Dwight Howard might be sidelined at least a month because of the continuing problems with his right knee, ESPN reported Saturday.
The Rockets still expect Howard to be ready to return for the final few weeks of the regular season as well as the playoffs, but now they believe Howard will be out for weeks instead of days, as originally thought.
–The Phoenix Suns recalled guards Reggie Bullock and Archie Goodwin from the Bakersfield Jam of the NBA Development League, the team announced.
Bullock played in 25 games for the Los Angeles Clippers this season, averaging 2.6 points. He played in one game for the Suns without scoring.
Goodwin played in 13 games for the Suns this season, averaging 3.6 points.
- Jamal Murray recorded his sixth-straight 25-point game last night, the third-longest streak in Nuggets postseason history
- NBA already decided Ja Morant’s fate after new gun incident but will wait until Finals are over
- Nuggets’ Nikola Jokic is the 2nd player with a triple-double in his NBA Finals debut
- In Game 1 last night the Miami Heat attempted just two free throws, the fewest in a playoff game in NBA history
- Denver’s 11-point win vs the Heat in Game 1 is the largest by a team making its NBA Finals debut since the 1999 Spurs
Main Page 1 week ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 1 week ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 4 days ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
NBA 2 weeks ago
Scoot Henderson wants to prove he can be the No. 1 pick in NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama: ‘I want to build that fanbase in San Antonio’