Portland Trail Blazers guard Anfernee Simons is seeking his first All-Star selection of his NBA career. Simons was selected 24th overall by the team in the 2018 NBA Draft.
During NBA Media Week, the fourth-year guard was asked about his short-term and long-term goals. Simons told reporters, “Personally, I want to be an All-Star. That’s one of my personal goals.”
In his rookie 2018-19 season, while shooting 44.4% from the field and 34.5% from beyond the arc, the Florida native averaged 3.8 points per game in 20 appearances.
Per multiple NBA betting sites, sportsbooks are showing bottom-15 odds for the Trail Blazers winning the championship in 2023. Nonetheless, some oddsmakers are anticipating another playoff appearance in the Western Conference.
Anfernee Simons on goals for this season now that he's gotten a new contract: "Personally, I want to be an All-Star. That's one of my personal goals."
— Sean Highkin (@highkin) September 26, 2022
Then, in 70 games played during the 2019-20 season, Simons averaged 8.3 points, 2.2 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per contest. His minutes also increased from 7.1 MPG to 20.7 MPG.
As for the 2020-21 season, in 64 games off the bench, the guard averaged 7.8 points, 2.2 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game. He shot a career-high 42.6% from 3-point range.
Not to mention, in a 3-2 decision, Simons won the 2021 NBA Slam Dunk Contest. The guard attempted to kiss the rim as he dunked the ball, but he was unable to kiss it. Regardless, the dunk by itself was enough to win.
Trail Blazers guard Anfernee Simons seeks his first All-Star selection in the 2022-23 season
Last season, in 57 appearances and a career-high 30 starts, Simons had the best season of his professional playing career. He averaged 17.3 points, 2.6 rebounds, and 3.9 assists per contest.
Head coach Chauncey Billups gave the guard increased minutes as well. Perhaps it was a step in the right direction. He averaged a career-high 29.5 minutes played per game.
On January 3, 2022, in the Trail Blazers’ 136-131 win over the Atlanta Hawks, Simons scored a career-high 43 points in 40 minutes of action. He finished 13-of-21 (61.9%) shooting from the floor and 9-of-16 (56.3%) from downtown.
Furthermore, Simons was also asked about Jerami’s Grant addition to the team. In July, the Pistons traded Grant and Ismael Kamagate to the Trail Blazers for Gabriele Procida, a 2025 first-round draft pick, a 2025 second-round draft pick, and a 2026 second-round draft pick.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Proposed Trade Sends Two Chicago All-Stars To Lakers In Exchange For Russel Westbrook
- Will the Celtics re-sign Grant Williams after 2022-23 season?
- Jayson Tatum trails only Larry Bird for most 45-point games in Celtics history
- Khris Middleton Expected To Make Season Debut for Milwaukee Bucks vs Lakers
- Knicks center Mitchell Robinson content with team role
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 1 week ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 1 week ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Player Prop Picks Tonight: Jalen Brunson Over 6.5 Assists Leads Our Best Bets