On Tuesday night, Stephen Curry was convinced the officials made a bad call late in the fourth quarter of the Golden State Warriors’ 116-109 loss to the Miami Heat.
With 1:39 remaining in the fourth quarter and the Heat up by three, Jimmy Butler was called for a foul while trying to block Curry’s 3-point attempt. Butler made contact with Curry’s fingers, leading to an air ball.
Per multiple NBA betting sites, the Warriors still have the third-highest odds to win the championship in 2023. However, some sportsbooks show better odds for the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers.
Coach's Challenge (MIA): foul assessed to Butler in Q4 of #GSWatMIA. Ruling: Successful challenge, call overturned due to clear + conclusive evidence of no foul (Butler made contact w/ ball + then made incidental "high five" contact w/ Curry), MIA ball due to imminent possession. pic.twitter.com/43p4V0Pmf5
— NBA Official (@NBAOfficial) November 2, 2022
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra then decided to challenge the call. As a result, Spoelstra won the challenge, and the call was overturned. Down by three and losing possession, it was a crucial call for the Warriors.
After the game, Curry discussed his thoughts on the outcome. “It was an awful call,” explained the eight-time All-Star. “What did you think I was going to say?
I was walking to the free-throw line, thinking I was going to get three free throws and even the score with a minute and some change left.”
Warriors guard Stephen Curry says the officials made ‘an awful call’ by overturning Jimmy Butler’s foul
Curry also thought Butler made more than “high-five” contact. “It was a tough one,” continued the Warriors guard. “I clearly felt a lot of contact. I don’t know what they saw besides the high-five contact they talked about.
But you got to be allowed to finish your motion. That’s what I felt like. Especially when you slow it down to slo-mo, it’s pretty clear there was a lot of contact. But what do I know about calls?”
Steph believes it was an "awful call" to overturn the foul on his 3-pointer pic.twitter.com/xzvmWZvJrz
— Warriors on NBCS (@NBCSWarriors) November 2, 2022
Of course, Curry finished his performance with a triple-double. The guard amassed 23 points, 13 rebounds, and 13 assists in 35 minutes of action. He finished 7-of-14 shooting from the field and 4-of-10 from beyond the arc.
Even if the officials didn’t overturn the call, this was not a game the Warriors deserved to win. They were outscored 30-15 in the fourth quarter. Klay Thompson and Jordan Poole were also held to under 20 points.
In addition to finishing with 20 turnovers, Golden State shot 36.7% from outside the arc. Now, they’re working towards snapping a three-game losing streak. The Warriors play the Magic on Thursday night at 7 p.m. ET.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Spurs sign forward Alize Johnson, waive rookie Jordan Hall
- Malcolm Brogdon ‘Happy’ To Be On The Celtics This Season
- Timberwolves’ Karl-Anthony Towns suffers calf strain injury
- Magics’ Guard Markelle Fultz Available To Make Season Debut On Wednesday
- Kevin Durant on whether crowd ‘MVP’ chants motivate him: ‘Nah, not really. I’ve been there, done that.’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 1 week ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Player Prop Picks Tonight: De’Aaron Fox Over 1.5 Three-Pointers Leads Our Best Bets
NBA 6 days ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest