(Los Angeles Clippers Spencer) Hawes acknowledged struggling with the transition to coming off the bench after starting 346 of his 500 NBA games before this season, saying he needed to be more aggressive as soon as he entered games.
Hawes said he needed to find a way to be more productive playing fewer minutes after starting 78 of 80 games last season with Philadelphia and Cleveland and compiling career highs in every major statistical category.
“When you’re a starter you can count on coming in and the game kind of works itself out for you,” said Hawes, who signed a four-year, $23-million contract last summer.
“I think I have to do a better job of being more assertive coming in off the bench and trying to grab ahold of it as opposed to just kind of letting yourself ease into it.”
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New Orleans Pelicans vs. Los Angeles Clippers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets preview, prediction and picks