Kevin Durant was having an early holiday moment at UNLV on Tuesday afternoon, when the Oklahoma City Thunder star who missed most of last season with a broken foot returned to the floor at Team USA minicamp and wore the smile of someone who had just seen Santa Claus in his family room.
He was ecstatic to be there, even if it meant he had to talk about the inherent uncertainty of his 2016 free agency. Again.
“I know it’s coming,” he said. “It’s the (free agency) year. I’m coming off of injury. A lot of people are expecting me to do this, and come back as a better player. A lot of people may be doubting me as well. But that’s a part of the game. I’m just trying to have fun playing the game again. I just want to smile on the court again and go through that whole season with joy and peace.”
Source: Sam Amick of USA TODAY Sports
- Celtics vs. Bulls Odds, Picks, & Predictions (Feb. 22)
- When Is Selection Sunday 2024? Date, Time, & TV Channel
- Warriors convert Lester Quinones’ two-way deal into a standard contract
- Charles Barkley calls San Francisco home of ‘homeless crooks’ as he anticipates 2025 All-Star Game
- Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo: ‘Coach Griff was a great coach’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Championship Odds: Which Teams Are The Favorites To Win The NBA Title?
NBA 1 day ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Trail Blazers Likely to Retain Jerami Grant and Malcolm Brogdon
Headlines 2 days ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating