(Bernard) King said his phone was “buzzing” with voice-mail messages and texts saying, ‘Melo broke your record. Melo broke your record.” And King couldn’t have been happier.
“It was a delight to know he played at such a magnificent level,” King said in a phone interview yesterday. “I had an opportunity to watch a great deal of the footage on the highlights. It was really special to see he really performed in such a manner, hitting jump shots, driving to the basket, and even the half-court shot looked like it was in rhythm, like it was a normal jump shot for him.
“I know how he felt during that game in performing that way. I’ve been there before. I’m delighted that the record was broken by him.”
- Warriors sign Andre Iguodala to one-year, $2.91 million contract
- Louisiana online sports betting handle rebounds to avoid six months of consecutive decline
- New Hampshire online sports betting records marginal decrease in August
- Clippers reveal new Statement Edition uniforms for 2022-23 season
- Anthony Davis on injuries: “I’m looking forward to a healthy year”
Main Page2 weeks ago
Bucks sign guard Iverson Molinar to one-year, $1.02 million deal
NBA1 week ago
Jayson Tatum recalls smashing Michael Jordan’s wine glass at dinner
NBA1 week ago
Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards hit with $40,000 fine for homophobic remarks
Headlines1 week ago
Lonzo Ball to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery