(Bernard) King said his phone was “buzzing” with voice-mail messages and texts saying, ‘Melo broke your record. Melo broke your record.” And King couldn’t have been happier.
“It was a delight to know he played at such a magnificent level,” King said in a phone interview yesterday. “I had an opportunity to watch a great deal of the footage on the highlights. It was really special to see he really performed in such a manner, hitting jump shots, driving to the basket, and even the half-court shot looked like it was in rhythm, like it was a normal jump shot for him.
“I know how he felt during that game in performing that way. I’ve been there before. I’m delighted that the record was broken by him.”
- Can Brandin Podziemski extend the Golden State Warriors’ dynasty?
- Lil Wayne Says He Was ‘Treated Like S—t’ At Crypto.com Arena During Lakers Game
- Nuggets Star Jamal Murray’s Right Ankle Injury ‘Not Serious’
- Hornets’ Vasilije Micic reveals his NBA idol to explain the importance of passing in basketball
- Philadelphia icon Allen Iverson set to be honored with sculpture on the ’76ers Legends Walk’
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 1 week ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating
NBA 1 week ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’