According to a friend of Anthony’s, Melo has held out faint hope Knicks president Phil Jackson can pull a miracle and clear out the necessary salary-cap space to get it done, but he is running out of time. Anthony’s decision could come in the next couple of days.
It would require Jackson to ship out Amar’e Stoudemire and Andrea Bargnani’s expiring contracts, and for Anthony and James to take less than the max. Iman Shumpert might have to be dealt, and the rights to Jeremy Tyler renounced.
One report said Jackson conceivably can move $40 million under the cap with a flurry of moves — as long as he doesn’t take back salary.
“He really wants LeBron to come to New York,’’ the source said. “That’s his dream right now. Phil is trying to get it done.’’
- Kawhi Leonard and Paul George Nearing Return For The Clippers Soon
- Knicks guard Jalen Brunson has no extra emotions vs. Mavericks
- Lonnie Walker IV Give Insights To His Future With The Lakers
- Lakers Front Office Considering Three Trade Scenariors Ahead of Dec.15
- Warriors forward Draymond Green wants to play 4-5 more years
NBA 1 week ago
Ja Morant Drug Tested By NBA For Returning So Quick From Injury
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 2 weeks ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 1 week ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest