Los Angeles Lakers guard Russell Westbrook had a disappointing start offensively to the 2022-23 season, shooting 28.9% from the field and 8.3% from beyond the arc. The guard also suffered a hamstring injury, which led to him missing a game.
Though, since returning from his injury, Westbrook has come off the bench for the Lakers. So far, the change has been beneficial. While his stats have slightly improved, the more important thing is that L.A. is now winning.
Some NBA betting sites show the Lakers with the 16th-highest odds to win the championship in 2023. Until L.A. starts winning more games, a few sportsbooks will continue to drop their odds of qualifying for the playoffs.
Russell Westbrook’s stats off the bench so far
vs Timberwolves – 18 points, 8 assists & 7 boards
vs Nuggets – 18 points, 8 assists & 8 boards
vs Pels – 7 board, 9 assists & 13 point
— A L Otago (@BasketballSlice) November 3, 2022
Through seven games this season, based on playing at least 70 minutes, Russell Westbrook is the only Lakers player with a positive point differential of +6.
Over the last 3 games, the guard’s point differential is +22. Fellow teammate Anthony Davis is the only player with a higher figure, at +24. Westbrook’s 2.6 net rating leads the team for players playing a minimum of 20 minutes per game.
Russell Westbrook is playing better basketball off the bench with the Lakers so far this season
In the Lakers’ 120-117 overtime win over the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday, the guard finished with 13 points, 7 rebounds, and 9 assists in 25 minutes of action. He shot 6-of-10 (60%) from the floor and 1-of-4 (25%) from downtown.
Russell Westbrook is now averaging 13.3 points, 7.2 boards, 5.5 assists, and 1.2 steals per game this season.
Lonnie Walker IV led the Lakers in scoring against New Orleans with 28 points in 40 minutes. LeBron James and Davis also ended their performances with 20 points. Matt Ryan finished his night with 11 points off 7-of-20 shooting.
Russell Westbrook is 6th among Guards in DEF WS right behind Defensive Specialist Jrue Holiday. He is 11th in Defensive WS among all players. Per https://t.co/iucF1eKCc5 stats. Just adding to the graphic by @TheMambaBrodie about DEFRTG also in the 3rd graphic. Good lookin fam✊🏿 pic.twitter.com/EJWBxWsxhJ
— JDJackson (@Alwaysn4evaArt) November 1, 2022
After Austin Reaves made a crosscourt pass to Ryan at the end of the fourth quarter, the 2020 undrafted forward sank a 3-pointer in front of the Lakers’ bench to force overtime.
More importantly, with Russell Westbrook now coming off the bench, the Lakers are starting to play more like a team. While they’re still below .500 with a 2-5 record, back-to-back wins is a step in the right direction.
On Friday, the Lakers play at home against the Utah Jazz at 10:30 p.m. ET. This will be another test for Los Angeles, considering the Jazz are currently 6-2.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Pistons’ Bojan Bogdanovic probable, Jaden Ivey questionable vs. Mavericks
- Evan Mobley’s Teammates Impressed With His Development In Year Two
- Suns’ Devin Booker says Deandre Ayton ‘grew up a lot’ since contract dispute
- Robert Williams ‘Progressing Well’ As He Nears A Return For Boston
- Philadelphia Targeting Return For James Harden Next Monday vs Houston
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 1 week ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Player Prop Picks Tonight: De’Aaron Fox Over 1.5 Three-Pointers Leads Our Best Bets
NBA 1 week ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest