Source: Knicks Reach Out to Scottie Pippen
Knicks GM Steve Mills huddled with Scottie Pippen for about 15 minutes Thursday at the draft combine to gauge the legendary Bull’s interest in potentially working for the organization in some capacity, possibly as an assistant coach, according to an NBA source.
Knicks president Phil Jackson, stung by the Steve Kerr rejection, would have interest in Pippen in some capacity, depending on who is hired as head coach. Pippen, a student of the triangle offense, has the title of adviser with the Bulls.
When asked by The Post about potentially working with Jackson, Pippen said, “I haven’t talked to Phil. I have to wait until that time comes. Right now nothing’s out there. I’m not going to say whether I’m interested or not until it happens.’’
- TNT’s Chris Haynes on Damian Lillard’s hypothetical trade list: ‘I’ll leave it at Nets and Heat’
- Jimmy Butler says Heat are going to ‘get one at home’ in Game 4
- Who is LSU’s Angel Reese’s Mystery Man? Is it NBA YoungBoy, Shedeur Sanders, or Cam’Ron Fletcher?
- Paul George tells story that proves Steve Adams is a true basketball warrior: ‘He’s different’
- ESPN’s Brian Windhorst says Chris Paul’s future is with Lakers or Clippers
Main Page 3 days ago
Magic star Jonathan Isaac to launch ‘Anti-Woke’ clothing brand UNITUS in August
Main Page 2 days ago
Highest-Paid NBA Mascots 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Rocky Earns $625K Salary
NBA 1 week ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Dallas Mavericks Not Interested in Pursuing D’Angelo Russell