After leaving Friday’s game on crutches, Los Angeles Clippers guard Austin Rivers had an MRI on Saturday that revealed a right Achilles tendon strain, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
With the MRI returning negative for a tear, Rivers is expected to be day-to-day, league sources said.
Rivers had 13 points in Friday’s road win against the Lakers before exiting the game with the injury. The Clippers are currently 15-19 despite several injuries, but welcomed the return of All-Star forward Blake Griffin to the lineup on Friday. Los Angeles is 2.5 games out of the eighth seed in the Western Conference.
Rivers, 25, is averaging career highs of 15.8 points, 3.6 assists and 40.5 percent 3-point shooting over 32 games this season.
Source: Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports
- Nuggets Star Jamal Murray’s Right Ankle Injury ‘Not Serious’
- Hornets’ Vasilije Micic reveals his NBA idol to explain the importance of passing in basketball
- Philadelphia icon Allen Iverson set to be honored with sculpture on the ’76ers Legends Walk’
- Spurs’ Victor Wembanyama 1st NBA rookie to record 5+ 3-pointers, 5+ blocks in a game
- Cody Williams hopes to follow his brother Jalen’s footsteps and become top NBA Draft pick
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 1 week ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
NBA 7 days ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating