After leaving Friday’s game on crutches, Los Angeles Clippers guard Austin Rivers had an MRI on Saturday that revealed a right Achilles tendon strain, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
With the MRI returning negative for a tear, Rivers is expected to be day-to-day, league sources said.
Rivers had 13 points in Friday’s road win against the Lakers before exiting the game with the injury. The Clippers are currently 15-19 despite several injuries, but welcomed the return of All-Star forward Blake Griffin to the lineup on Friday. Los Angeles is 2.5 games out of the eighth seed in the Western Conference.
Rivers, 25, is averaging career highs of 15.8 points, 3.6 assists and 40.5 percent 3-point shooting over 32 games this season.
Source: Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports
- The Orlando Magic are the most efficient NBA team in the fourth quarter since December
- Danilo Gallinari on returning this season: ‘My mindset is there is definitely a chance’
- Lakers’ Lonnie Walker IV Taking The Next Step In Returning Back To The Court
- Top 10 Plays From Wednesday Night As Jordan Poole’s Layup Wins The Game For Golden State
- Pistons’ Cory Joseph (back) out, Isaiah Stewart (shoulder) questionable vs. Nets
Legal 2 weeks ago
Texas could push for legalized casino and sports betting in 2023
NBA 1 day ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 3 days ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Nikola Jokic adds to MVP case with game-winner over Magic