San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich traveled Tuesday to Southern California and met with Kawhi Leonard prior to Thursday’s NBA draft, league sources told ESPN.
Leonard had told confidants that he did not want to sit down with Popovich and has been purposely difficult for the Spurs to reach recently. Among the issues, Leonard is angry over what he believes was the Spurs’ mishandling of his quad injury, and he remains irate with public comments from teammate Tony Parker and Popovich that he felt were not supportive of him, league sources said.
So far, the Spurs have been largely reluctant to give teams guidance on the players, or packages, that would interest them in trades, sources said.
- Trail Blazers convert center Duop Reath’s two-way deal into a three-year contract
- Two-time Slam Dunk Champion Mac McClung works a “shift” at Raising Cane’s
- Timberwolves sign forward Justin Jackson to a 10-day contract
- Celtics vs. Bulls Odds, Picks, & Predictions (Feb. 22)
- When Is Selection Sunday 2024? Date, Time, & TV Channel
Main Page 1 day ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Championship Odds: Which Teams Are The Favorites To Win The NBA Title?
NBA 2 days ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
Headlines 2 days ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating