Potential 2020 NBA draft lottery pick RJ Hampton will miss about four weeks with a hip injury, a source told ESPN.
Hampton suffered a hip flexor injury with the New Zealand Breakers of the Australian NBL last week and was prescribed to rest by a sport and exercise physician he visited, which will likely keep him out of action until mid-January.
The 18-year-old Hampton is averaging 9.5 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 22 minutes per game and is currently forecasted as the number seven prospect in the ESPN 100. Hampton will rehab his injury in New Zealand and is expected to make a full recovery and continue to play for the Breakers as they close out the regular season in February.
Source: Jonathan Givony of ESPN
- Stephen Curry has recorded the most 30+ point, 10+ assist games in Warriors history
- Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
- Lakers interested in trading for Bulls guard Zach LaVine?
- Pelicans’ Dyson Daniels (right ankle sprain) remains out against Wizards
- Utah Jazz consider Markkanen, Kessler and Agbaji as their only “untouchables” for trade
Legal 2 weeks ago
Texas could push for legalized casino and sports betting in 2023
NBA 4 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 5 days ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Nikola Jokic adds to MVP case with game-winner over Magic