The Washington Wizards will not exercise the fourth-year team option on forward Chris McCullough, league sources told Basketball Insiders. As a result, McCullough will become an unrestricted free agent this summer.
McCullough was the 29th overall pick in the 2015 draft by the Brooklyn Nets and was traded to the Wizards with Bojan Bogdanovic for a 2017 lottery protected first-round draft pick, Andrew Nicholson, and Marcus Thornton. That draft pick eventually became Jarrett Allen.
The 22-year-old forward owns career averages of 3.7 points and 2.2 rebounds in 11.0 minutes per game.
McCullough is now two years removed from ACL surgery and showed potential while playing in the G-League. Last season, McCullough played in 43 G-League games and averaged 16.1 points, 7.1 rebounds, and 1.1 steals in 29.5 minutes per game.
For more information on Washington’s salary cap situation, click here.
Wizards won’t exercise 4th-year option on Chris McCullough, sources told @BBallInsiders. He’ll become an unrestricted free agent this summer
— Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto) October 31, 2017
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: Detroit Pistons vs Portland Trail Blazers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Golden State Warriors vs. Phoenix Suns preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks