The Washington Wizards will not exercise the fourth-year team option on forward Chris McCullough, league sources told Basketball Insiders. As a result, McCullough will become an unrestricted free agent this summer.
McCullough was the 29th overall pick in the 2015 draft by the Brooklyn Nets and was traded to the Wizards with Bojan Bogdanovic for a 2017 lottery protected first-round draft pick, Andrew Nicholson, and Marcus Thornton. That draft pick eventually became Jarrett Allen.
The 22-year-old forward owns career averages of 3.7 points and 2.2 rebounds in 11.0 minutes per game.
McCullough is now two years removed from ACL surgery and showed potential while playing in the G-League. Last season, McCullough played in 43 G-League games and averaged 16.1 points, 7.1 rebounds, and 1.1 steals in 29.5 minutes per game.
For more information on Washington’s salary cap situation, click here.
Wizards won’t exercise 4th-year option on Chris McCullough, sources told @BBallInsiders. He’ll become an unrestricted free agent this summer
— Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto) October 31, 2017
- Charles Barkley calls San Francisco home of ‘homeless crooks’ as he anticipates 2025 All-Star Game
- Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo: ‘Coach Griff was a great coach’
- Shannon Sharpe wonders if next face of NBA should be married: ‘What about relationship status?’
- Pelicans sign guard Malcolm Hill to a two-way contract
- ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith calls All-Star Game ‘an absolute travesty’ and offers extreme solution
NBA 2 weeks ago
Reports say Donovan Mitchell will only extend contract with Cavs if team contends for title this season
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Championship Odds: Which Teams Are The Favorites To Win The NBA Title?
NBA 1 day ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Trail Blazers Likely to Retain Jerami Grant and Malcolm Brogdon