Connect with us

Headlines

Deron Williams Responds to Kobe Remarks

Basketball Insiders

Published

on

Deron Williams said he isn’t going to push the issue when he’s struggling, regardless of what Kobe Bryant thinks.

The Nets point guard, who admittedly struggled with his confidence a year ago, fell under heavy scrutiny last season because he went scoreless in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against Miami.

Bryant chimed in on the subject in a Sports Illustrated article last month, saying Williams “psyched himself out” because he only took nine shots that game and “I would go 0-for-30 before I went 0-for-9.”

Williams said Sunday that Bryant’s mentality doesn’t work for him.

“I’m a point guard. If I’m 0-for-(expletive)-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots. Not going to happen,” Williams said following the second day of training camp. “I’m a point guard. I’m going to find somebody else. Kobe Bryant, that’s what he’s supposed to do. He’s got that mentality. That works for him, I got my mentality, it works for me.”

via Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News

Advertisement




Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Steve Ballmer: Clippers Moving to Inglewood ‘come hell or high water’

Basketball Insiders

Published

on

“I love L.A. I also love my wife, by the way, but I love L.A. and I don’t want there to be any mistake about it. We want to be part of the fabric of this community,” said [Steve] Ballmer, who stepped down as Microsoft’s CEO early in 2014, shortly before he rescued the Clippers from the clutches of disgraced Donald Sterling and bought the franchise for $2 billion.

“We’re moving to Inglewood come hell or high water,” he said of a proposed arena near the site of the stadium being constructed for the Rams and Chargers. “We gotta have a house. So we’re working on a plan to get our own house. We want to get our own house. It turns out the way this works in L.A., which is much beloved to me, that if you start now you might be done in six years.” He then urged fans to contact their Assembly representative and state senator to urge approval of legislation that would accelerate the process. He probably inspired more than a few emails and phone calls.

Source: Helene Elliot of the Los Angeles Times

Continue Reading

2018 Free Agency Diary

Sources: Rockets, Bruno Caboclo Agree to Deal

Basketball Insiders

Published

on

Free agent forward Bruno Caboclo, Houston have reach an agreement, league sources tell ESPN.

Source: Chris Haynes on Twitter

Continue Reading

Headlines

Sources: Rockets Waive R.J. Hunter

Basketball Insiders

Published

on

Sources: The Houston Rockets have waived former Celtics first-round pick R.J. Hunter, who was on a two-way deal.

Source: Shams Charania on Twitter

Continue Reading
Advertisement

NBA Team Salaries

Advertisement

Trending Now