- NBA Playoff Matchups, Schedule Set
- Clifford’s Critique Led to Walker’s Success
- Phil Jackson’s Carmelo Anthony Conundrum
- NBA PM: Al Jefferson Deserves MVP Consideration
- Time For Pacers’ Frank Vogel To Feel The Heat?
- Head-to-Head: Knocking off the Pacers/Heat
- Cheap Seats: Defensive Player of the Year?
- The True Cost of Guaranteed Contracts in the NBA
- “Tanking” Just Isn’t a Big Deal
- How Zach LaVine Can Help Your Favorite NBA Team
Lakers’ Nick Young Safe From Trading Block?
- Updated: February 20, 2014
Leading up to the February 20 trade deadline, the Los Angeles Lakers have been a very active participant in talks around the league. The team has been mentioned in a plethora of trade scenarios involving forwards Jordan Hill and Pau Gasol and the franchise acquired guards Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks from Golden State in exchange for veteran Steve Blake on Wednesday.
With the Lakers in obvious rebuild mode this season there aren’t many untouchables occupying a roster spot in Los Angeles.
However sources close to the situation have informed Basketball Insiders that shooting guard Nick Young is in all likelihood safe from trade talk as we approach the deadline. Young, the team’s second leading scorer this season, figures to be part of the team’s long term plans according to the source.
Young, a Los Angeles native, has told Basketball Insiders on numerous occasions about his desire to remain a Laker long term. The seventh year guard can become an unrestricted free agent this summer if he chooses to opt out (player option) of his current deal worth $1.2 million in 2014-15.
Young could be in for a significant pay raise this summer with a scoring average of 16.9 points per game in less than 30 minutes of action per night and Los Angeles will have cap space available.
The Lakers currently have $34 million in guaranteed salaries on the books for the 2014-15 campaign, which gives the franchise the necessary cap room to be active in free agency this summer.
via Lang Greene of Basketball Insiders
We are giving away prizes and gear all month long.
| » FROM AROUND THE WEB