Memphis Grizzlies star Mike Conley wasn’t able to fully participate in Team USA training camp this week as he continues to recover from heel surgery last January. But he says he’s feeling good and still on course to be ready by training camp in September.
“I’m doing really well. I wish I could’ve participated in contact stuff,” Conley said. “I think I could, but we’re being cautious and allowing me to get a full summer of rehab. I should be ready to go by training camp — I expect to be ready.”
The point guard played only 12 games last season due to Achilles and heel issues, and his injury was a key factor in the team firing coach David Fizdale and the team missing the playoffs for the first time in eight years.
Conley hasn’t been cleared for 5-on-5 work yet but is doing halfcourt work and taking some contact.
Source: Brian Windhorst of ESPN
Report: Rockets to Part Ways with Carmelo Anthony
Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey today issued a statement on forward Carmelo Anthony’s future with the team.
“After much internal discussion, the Rockets will be parting ways with Carmelo Anthony and we are working toward a resolution,” said Morey. “Carmelo had a tremendous approach during his time with the Rockets and accepted every role head coach Mike D’Antoni gave him. The fit we envisioned when Carmelo chose to sign with the Rockets has not materialized, therefore we thought it was best to move on as any other outcome would have been unfair to him.”
Source: Houston Rockets
Report: Steph Curry to be Re-Evaluated in 10 Days
Warriors guard Stephen Curry, who has missed the team’s last three (3) games after suffering a mild to moderate strained left groin on November 8 vs. Milwaukee, continues to be monitored and evaluated by the team’s training and medical staff, as indicated initially last week. He will travel on the team’s upcoming three-game road trip to Texas—but will not play—and will be re-evaluated again in 10 days.
Source: Golden State Warriors
Report: Caris LeVert Diagnosed with Dislocated Right Foot, Could Return this Season
Brooklyn Nets guard Caris LeVert returned to New York with the team last night and was evaluated today by Nets’ Team Orthopedist Dr. Martin O’Malley at the Hospital for Special Surgery. Following the evaluation, LeVert was diagnosed with a subtalar dislocation of the right foot.
“Fortunately, tests performed this morning revealed that there are no fractures and only moderate ligament damage,” said Dr. O’Malley. “While the optics of this injury may have appeared to be more severe, surgery will not be required. Caris will begin a period of rehabilitation with the Nets’ performance staff, following which he is expected to return to full strength and resume all basketball activities without any limitations this season.”
Updates regarding LeVert’s rehabilitation will be issued as appropriate.
Source: Brooklyn Nets