(Will Barton) His third year becomes fully guaranteed if the team doesn’t request waivers on him on or before July 31. If he is kept past that deadline, the third year of $915,243 is guaranteed. General Manager Neil Olshey will likely take all the time he has at his disposal before making a decision in order to fully assess Barton’s growth and development.
Barton says he tries not to worry about his contract situation with the team on a mission to finish out the season strong before the playoffs, but admits he does ponder it more than he should.
“I try not to think about it as much but I do sometimes,” he said. “You just never know what people are thinking. Hopefully I make it past the deadline. I would love to stay here and be here. But, you just never know. I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing.
“Portland took a chance on me. It would be huge if I can stay in Portland. But like I said, it’s a business and I’m aware of that. You just never know.”
- Kevon Looney on rookies learning to play with Stephen Curry: ‘I understand all their pain’
- NBA Best Betting Offers For Monday 11/28: Claim Up to $6,000 In Bonuses
- DeMarcus Cousins Calls Warriors GM For Advice On Lack Of NBA Offers
- Timberwolves’ Austin Rivers: ‘If we’re going to play big, we’ve got to be big’
- Celtics’ Jaylen Brown Questionable, Al Horford (Back Stiffness) Out vs Charlotte
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Jayson Tatum jumps to +300 MVP favorite ahead of Luka, Giannis
NBA 7 days ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 1 week ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Week 5 Power Rankings: Celtics Jump Bucks As New Number One Team