Ben Simmons finally made his long-awaited NBA regular-season debut against the Wizards in Washington on Wednesday night. And after his extended wait to wear the Philadelphia 76ers jersey in a meaningful game, he said he felt initially like he was in a video game.
“It felt like I was playing 2K, honestly,” Simmons said postgame.
“Just looking at Joel Embiid out there with the lights on his jersey. I was like, ‘man, I’m actually here.'”
Simmons was drafted with the first overall pick by the Sixers in the 2016 draft, but he missed the entire 2016-17 season while recovering from foot surgery to repair a Jones fracture. He suffered the injury on Sept. 30, 2016, less than a month before the start of the regular season. The Australian was originally expected to miss three months, but was eventually ruled out for the entire season.
Source: Nick Metallinos of ESPN
- 60-year-old man dies after brawl at Vermont middle school basketball game
- Pacers Tyrese Haliburton Expected To Return From 10-Game Absence Tomorrow At Home Vs The Lakers
- Online sports betting could be coming to Vermont with new bill
- Milwaukee’s Brook Lopez Is Statistically Having One Of The Best Defensive Seasons Of His Career
- Timberwolves’ Rudy Gobert (groin), Taurean Prince (ankle) questionable vs. Warriors
NBA 2 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Main Page 2 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Main Page 1 week ago
DeMar DeRozan Set To Reach A Career Milestone Tonight In Hawks Vs Bulls