In what appears to be a flash-back to last year’s trade deadline where the Orlando Magic were actively denying interest in trades involving J.J. Redick, only to move him at the 11th hour, the Magic have again been repeatedly labeled as not open to deals this year.
League sources say the Magic have recently engaged in talks with a few teams on possible transactions and that while the team continues to play poker with its assets there is an increasing sense that the Magic might make a deal before tomorrow’s 3:00pm EST trade deadline.
The Magic are said to be open to trades that involve point guard Jameer Nelson and veteran forward Glen “Big Baby” Davis, but are turning away calls on guard Arron Afflalo.
Sources near the Magic were adamant during All-Star weekend that the team wasn’t overly active, but as of today that posture seems to have changed.
The Magic are being extremely guarded, as was the case last year, but it seems that talk of the Magic sitting out the deadline may be overstated.
- Is Donovan Mitchell playing tonight against Pistons?
- Can Brandin Podziemski extend the Golden State Warriors’ dynasty?
- Lil Wayne Says He Was ‘Treated Like S—t’ At Crypto.com Arena During Lakers Game
- Nuggets Star Jamal Murray’s Right Ankle Injury ‘Not Serious’
- Hornets’ Vasilije Micic reveals his NBA idol to explain the importance of passing in basketball
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 1 week ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating
NBA 1 week ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’