Rose Thanks Bulls for Trade to Knicks
Derrick Rose isn’t sure why he was traded, but he said he is grateful that the Chicago Bulls sent him to the New York Knicks.
“I would like to tell them, ‘Thank you,'” Rose said of the Bulls at Friday’s news conference introducing him as the newest member of the Knicks.
Rose, a Chicago native, elaborated on why he’d thank the Bulls for trading him to New York.
“Getting me another start,” said Rose, who played seven seasons in Chicago, missing the 2012-13 season due to injury. “I’m grateful to be where I’m at. I could have been anywhere. Not saying all the other teams are bad places, but to be in this market, to be in the city [with] the legacy, the history of basketball. … I’m grateful. I’m grateful to be here. I feel like they’re going to appreciate me a little bit more.”
Source: Ian Begley of ESPN New York
- USC Basketball: Isaiah Collier is recruiting Bronny James at the 2023 McDonald’s All-American Game
- NC State Basketball: Terquavion Smith To Enter 2023 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Bronny James, Matas Buzelis, & Sean Stewart in the 2023 McDonald’s All-American Powerade JamFest
- Dayton forward Mike Sharavjamts to enter 2023 NBA Draft
- Pelicans Brandon Ingram and Jaylen Brown from Boston are named Week 23’s best players in the league
NBA 1 day ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 4 days ago
Kansas State Basketball Coach Jerome Tang Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives