The Indiana Pacers plan to decline Lance Stephenson’s team option worth $4.3 million for the 2018-19 season, which will make him an unrestricted free agent, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
The move will allow the Pacers to maintain as much financial flexibility as possible entering free agency on July 1. Stephenson had a team option on the three-year contract he signed with the Pacers when he returned to the franchise in 2016.
The Pacers wrestled with the decision on Stephenson’s option, waiting until Monday’s deadline to decide on his deal.
Indiana could still re-sign Stephenson once the organization surveys the market in free agency, league sources said.
Source: Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports
- Nuggets’ Jamal Murray (knee) questionable, Zeke Nnaji (shoulder) doubtful vs. Magic
- 76ers coach Doc Rivers on LeBron James: ‘He’s going to have the greatest career’
- Pelicans, Wolves, Raptors are competing in last minute talks to trade for Denver’s Bones Hyland
- Getting To Know The Four 2023 Dunk Contest Participants
- The 2023 Jordan Rising Stars draft results are in as Paolo Banchero was chosen first by Team Pau
Legal 4 days ago
New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
NBA 1 week ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
Main Page 1 week ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Headlines 1 week ago
Anthony Davis calls out NBA officiating