Sources: Suns Prefer Ja Morant to Zion Williamson in Draft
Even though Zion Williamson appears to be the consensus No. 1 player in the 2019 NBA draft class, the Phoenix Suns are reportedly enamored with a different player.
Per The Athletic’s Sam Vecenie, there is buzz around the NBA that the Suns “prefer to end up with” Murray State star Ja Morant.
Vecenie did note he is “skeptical” the Suns would pass on Williamson at No. 1 because the “financial windfall any team figures to experience by selecting Williamson is real.”
The links with Morant may exist in part because the Suns have been searching for a viable starting point guard since Eric Bledsoe was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks in November 2017.
- 76ers can become third Eastern Conference team to clinch spot in 2023 NBA Playoffs
- NBA insiders say that Ja Morant could return to the lineup on Wednesday vs the Rockets
- Russell Westbrook admits “this one’s on me, honestly” as he takes blame for Clippers’ latest defeat to Orlando
- WATCH: Gonzaga’s Drew Timme Drops F-Bomb After Win Over TCU
- Shaquille O’Neal sparks concern around the league after tweeting a photo of himself in a hospital bed last night
College Basketball 1 week ago
Could Crimson Tide Justify Firing Alabama Basketball Coach Nate Oats With His Huge Buyout After Brandon Miller Gun Incident?
Main Page 3 days ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 4 days ago
Jay Bilas’ March Madness Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Kansas Basketball Coach Bill Self Contract, Salary, Buyout, and Net Worth