Long after the Wizards’ postseason run ended, Martell Webster remained at Verizon Center doing individual work to get lighter and be ready for 2015-16. His third season was pretty much a lost one as a third back surgery kept him out until January, but if he’s able to contribute at all it might have to come playing as a stretch four.
Webster played some when he began his career with the Portland Trail Blazers and the Wizards have floated the possibility of using him there when — if? — he can work his way back onto the court.
Webster has to get out of the gate quickly, and avoid re-injury when training camp starts next month, to prove to coach Randy Wittman he indeed can be a stretch-four option.
- Is Donovan Mitchell playing tonight against Pistons?
- Can Brandin Podziemski extend the Golden State Warriors’ dynasty?
- Lil Wayne Says He Was ‘Treated Like S—t’ At Crypto.com Arena During Lakers Game
- Nuggets Star Jamal Murray’s Right Ankle Injury ‘Not Serious’
- Hornets’ Vasilije Micic reveals his NBA idol to explain the importance of passing in basketball
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 1 week ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating
NBA 1 week ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’