As the trade deadline nears, the Atlanta Hawks are open to trading reserve shooting guard John Jenkins according to a source close to the situation.
The Hawks are reportedly seeking a second round pick in return for the third year guard who will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.
According to the source, Jenkins’ looming free agency has been the primary reason Atlanta has been unable to find a taker willing to give up an upcoming draft pick.
For the season Jenkins is averaging 3.7 points, one rebound and one assist per game in nine appearances.
There are no buyout talks ongoing at the moment.
via Lang Greene of Basketball Insiders
- Ex-NBA Star Spencer Haywood Missed Out On $2 Billion With Nike
- Magic Johnson shuts down Steph Curry’s claim of being the NBA’s best-ever point guard
- ‘Tough break, right?’: Pelicans coach Willie Green on injured Trey Murphy missing start of the season
- Wolves set to replay partnership between Rudy Gobert and Karl-Anthony Towns after last season’s false start
- Anthony Davis has reportedly been ‘training more this offseason than I’ve seen with him as a Laker’
Main Page 1 week ago
Clippers sign guard Xavier Moon to an Exhibit 10 contract
NBA 1 week ago
Damian Lillard says he would rather ‘lose every year’ than wear the Golden State jersey
Main Page 6 days ago
Timberwolves’ Anthony Edwards receives wall mural in hometown of Atlanta
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Luka Doncic celebrates launch of new Luka 2 ‘Lake Bled’ Jordan Brand shoes during 3-on-3 tournament on floating court in Slovenia