The Washington Wizards, expected to compete for a top spot in the Eastern Conference this season, suffered a major blow to their hopes of a quick start with the loss of guard Bradley Beal, who could miss as much as six to eight weeks after breaking his left wrist, according to league sources. The Wizards expect Beal will undergo surgery in the next few days.
Beal suffered the injury during Friday night’s exhibition game against the Charlotte Hornets, after Hornets swingman P.J. Hairston fouled him in the first quarter. The Wizards initially diagnosed the injury as a sprained wrist, but an examination Saturday detailed a small fracture in the wrist.
- Trail Blazers’ Deandre Ayton suffers hand sprain vs. Heat
- Shaquille O’Neal admits he used to eat fast food and sleep late when he was an NBA star
- Pistons, veteran center Mike Muscala finalizing contract buyout
- NBA Competition Committee reviewing whether new rules mostly support offensive plays
- Stephen Curry Held Scoreless in First Half for First Time Since 2019 NBA Playoffs
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 1 week ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
NBA 5 days ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’
Headlines 1 week ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating