Guard Walt Lemon Jr. scored 16 points as the Bradley Braves broke a three-game losing streak with a 55-38 Missouri Valley Conference victory over visiting Loyola-Chicago Ramblers on Saturday at Carver Arena in Peoria, Ill.
The Braves (12-17, 7-9) completed a season sweep as forward Auston Barnes scored seven straight points to open the second half on the way to a 26-17 edge.
Bradley pushed the lead to double digits at 31-20 by the 14:08 mark and maintained a healthy advantage the rest of the way.
Forward Christian Thomas scored a team-high nine points as the Ramblers (9-19, 4-12) dropped their fourth in a row. Loyola managed just 26.5 percent from the field (13-of-49) and 1-of-18 on 3-point tries.
Bradley also beat Loyola 63-54 in a Feb. 6 meeting in Chicago, the Braves’ only conference road victory this season.
The Braves host league-leading Wichita State on Tuesday while the Ramblers travel to Missouri State.
- Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer pleased with DeMarre Carroll
- Pelicans coach Willie Green: “Zion Williamson looked amazing”
- Lakers expected to pursue Irving, Grant, Turner, and Wiggins in 2023
- Jamal Crawford is frontrunner to replace Dwyane Wade on NBA on TNT
- LeBron James excludes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar from Lakers list
Main Page1 week ago
Bucks sign guard Iverson Molinar to one-year, $1.02 million deal
Main Page2 weeks ago
NBA League Pass for Australians now 48% cheaper in 2022
NBA1 week ago
Jayson Tatum recalls smashing Michael Jordan’s wine glass at dinner
NBA1 week ago
Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards hit with $40,000 fine for homophobic remarks