Byron Scott Slams Rookie Randle’s Home Debut
This was not a good home debut for Julius Randle. The rookie’s numbers were fine; were he to average 12 points and seven rebounds it would be considered a major coup.
But Randle was only 4-of-12 from the field, was regularly beaten defensively and forced to foul (he finished with five fouls).
His coach’s postgame assessment was scathing.
“I thought he was lost,” (Byron) Scott said. “The first half especially. I thought the second half, especially in the fourth quarter he was better, but I thought the first half the game was way too fast for him.”
- Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, and Gregg Popovich headline the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2023
- NCAA Tournament: Who are each team’s most unexpected stars ahead of the Final Four stage?
- Is Giannis Antetokounmpo playing tonight (Mar. 29) vs. Pacers?
- Pelicans’ Zion Williamson (hamstring) to be re-evaluated next week
- Draymond Green considers facing the Kings would be the Warriors’ best scenario in NBA playoffs
NBA 2 days ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 5 days ago
Kansas State Basketball Coach Jerome Tang Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives