A number of rival teams increasingly believe that New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony plans to hold off on announcing any decision about his future until LeBron James reveals where he’ll be playing next season, according to sources close to the process.
Sources told ESPN.com that Anthony, whose decision was widely expected before a resolution to James’ situation when free agency began, has kept the Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers and other suitors waiting at least in part to see where James goes and whether there would be any option to join his close friend.
- Pelicans star Zion Williamson is determined to prove doubters wrong: ‘People don’t understand’
- Jazz star Jordan Clarkson 1st NBA player with 38+ points, 10+ rebounds, & 7+ assists off the bench
- Ex-NBA champ believes LeBron James and Steph Curry are too old to win title with same team
- Michael Porter Jr. Perfect From Three-Point Range Since Break
- The Other Unicorn: Just how good can Chet Holmgren be?
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’
Main Page 6 days ago
Stephen Curry Held Scoreless in First Half for First Time Since 2019 NBA Playoffs
NBA 6 days ago
Ex-NBA star hopes Trae Young never plays again for Hawks as he recovers from surgery