Boston Celtics forward Grant Williams has been issued a one-game suspension by the league for “recklessly making contact with and directing inappropriate language toward a game official” during Monday’s loss to the Chicago Bulls.
According to ESPN NBA Insider Bobby Marks, Williams’ suspension will cost the forward $29,698. Plus, the Celtics will receive a tax variance credit of $14,849.
A few NBA betting sites are giving the Celtics the No. 1 odds to win the championship in 2023. However, some sportsbooks are showing higher odds for the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Clippers.
Boston Celtics forward Grant Williams has been suspended one game for his role in ejection Monday night vs. Bulls.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) October 26, 2022
Suspension will cost the forward $29,698.
Boston will receive a small tax variance credit of $14,849 https://t.co/ZUG6rUhjdH
— Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) October 26, 2022
At the 8:58 mark of the fourth quarter, Williams fouled Bulls guard Zach LaVine in the paint. His feet were still moving, so the referee blew his whistle. The forward then got up from the floor and ran towards the Celtics’ bench.
While running towards the bench, the wing bumped the referee. He was then automatically ejected. Watch the video below. Contact with an official will always result in a suspension and small fine.
Williams was selected 22nd overall by Boston in the 2019 NBA Draft. On Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET, the C’s take on the Cleveland Cavaliers at TD Garden. The fourth-year player will serve his one-game suspension then.
Celtics forward Grant Williams has been issued a one-game suspension by the NBA for misconduct directed at a referee
Through four games to start the 2022-23 season, the forward is averaging 9.5 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 1.5 assists. He’s also shooting 70.6% from the field and 66.7% from 3-point range.
For their season opener, in the Celtics’ 126-117 win over the Philadelphia 76ers, Williams ended his performance with 15 points, 1 board, and 1 assist in 24 minutes of action. He went 8-for-8 shooting overall.
So far, Williams is exceeding expectations. Last season, in 77 appearances, the wing logged 7.8 points, 3.6 boards, and 1 assist per game. Not to mention, he shot 47.5% from the floor and 41.1% from downtown.
During the second round of the 2022 NBA Playoffs, the first-round pick scored a career-high 27 points in Game 7 of the Celtics’ 109-81 win over the Milwaukee Bucks.
In Game 3 of the NBA Finals against the Golden State Warriors, Williams also scored 10 points in 20 minutes on the court. When he’s not bumping refs — whether accidental or not — the General is a top-5 player on the team.
As a rookie, in 69 appearances in the 2019-20 season, the forward recorded 3.4 points, 2.6 rebounds, and 1 assist per contest. While averaging 15.1 minutes, he shot 41.2% from the field as well.
Then, Williams averaged 4.7 points, 2.8 boards, and 1 assist in 63 appearances during the 2020-21 season. The Tennessee product has improved every season of his NBA career.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Cam Reddish In Serious Danger Of Losing His Spot In Knicks Rotation
- Anthony Davis Exited Game Last Night With Flu-Like Symptoms, Did Not Return To Play
- Jordan Clarkson fined for tossing headband
- Warriors’ Stephen Curry, Draymond Green out vs. Jazz
- Heat’s Jimmy Butler out, Victor Oladipo questionable vs. Pistons
NBA 2 weeks ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest
Main Page 1 week ago
Stephen Curry leads NBA in 3-pointers for the 8th time of his career
NBA 2 weeks ago
2022-23 NBA MVP Odds: Three Way Race Between Antetokounmpo, Doncic, And Tatum
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Warriors’ Klay Thompson on Jordan Poole’s struggles: ‘He really cares, he wants to be great’