Boston Celtics forward Marcus Morris, a projected starter after being acquired this summer, will be sidelined for the start of the regular season while battling right knee soreness.
Celtics coach Brad Stevens said Sunday that Morris will “be out here for the coming week-plus” and the team will re-evaluate him later this month to see when he might be ready for game action. Morris missed the first eight days of Celtics camp while on trial for aggravated assault in Phoenix. After being acquitted, Morris rejoined the team but played only 11 minutes in Boston’s exhibition finale in Charlotte.
Source: Chris Forsberg of ESPN
NBA Team Salaries
- NBA Betting Picks: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets preview, picks and prediction
- NBA Betting Picks: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Preview
- NBA Betting Picks: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: New Orleans Pelicans vs. Los Angeles Clippers preview, prediction and picks
- NBA Betting Picks: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets preview, prediction and picks