You weren’t the only one shocked to hear that Isaiah Thomas had taken the fewest shots in Celtics scrimmages over the first several days of training camp.
Thomas smiled when asked before yesterday’s practice just what is wrong with him.
“I don’t know,” said the 5-foot-9 (former?) gunner. “I’m sick or something, right?
“Honestly, I’m just taking what the defense gives me. Coach had said that to the team yesterday. I was kind of surprised, too, but I’m just really trying to make the right play each and every time down, and that’s what it’s getting me. Guys are making shots. Other guys are making plays. For me, even in these practices, they’re paying me a lot of attention, so I’m just trying to really focus in on making the right play. If I’ve got the shot or I can score, I’m definitely going to shoot it, but for the most part, if two guys are on me, trying to find that next guy that’s open.”
- Ex-76ers minority owner Michael Rubin admits to ‘violating every rule the NBA had’
- The Spurs Are Finding Their Offensive Identity Around Victor Wembanyama
- Is Donovan Mitchell playing tonight against Pistons?
- Can Brandin Podziemski extend the Golden State Warriors’ dynasty?
- Lil Wayne Says He Was ‘Treated Like S—t’ At Crypto.com Arena During Lakers Game
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 1 week ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating
NBA 1 week ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’