In a cost-saving move, the Los Angeles Clippers dealt forward Antawn Jamison to the Atlanta Hawks at Thursday’s trade deadline.
According to multiple media reports, the Hawks are expected to buy out Jamison’s contract.
The Clippers received the rights to forward Cenk Akyol, who currently plays in the Turkish league. More important, they will save $2 million-plus in salary and luxury tax, according to ESPN.com.
Jamison, 37, was an All-Star in 2005 and 2008 for the Washington Wizards. This season, he averaged 3.8 points and 2.5 rebounds in 11.3 minutes for the Clippers. He appeared in just 22 games.
A 16-year veteran, Jamison broke in with the Golden State Warriors and subsequently played for the Dallas Mavericks, the Wizards, the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Los Angeles Lakers and the Clippers.
Akyol was Atlanta’s second-round draft pick (No. 59 overall) in 2005. The 26-year-old Turk is averaging 7.3 points this season for Galatasaray Liv Hospital, according to eurobasket.com.
- Best NBA Live Streaming Sites For Tuesday 11/29: How To Watch NBA Free Live Stream Tonight
- Kevon Looney on rookies learning to play with Stephen Curry: ‘I understand all their pain’
- NBA Best Betting Offers For Monday 11/28: Claim Up to $6,000 In Bonuses
- DeMarcus Cousins Calls Warriors GM For Advice On Lack Of NBA Offers
- Timberwolves’ Austin Rivers: ‘If we’re going to play big, we’ve got to be big’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Jayson Tatum jumps to +300 MVP favorite ahead of Luka, Giannis
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 1 week ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Week 5 Power Rankings: Celtics Jump Bucks As New Number One Team