Coppin State snapped a five-game losing streak with an 86-69 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference victory over Howard Monday night at Coppin’s Physical Education Center in Baltimore, Md.
Coppin improved to 10-18 overall and 7-8 in the MEAC, while Howard, which has lost six of its last seven, fell to 7-23 and 5-10.
Coppin was led by senior guard Andre Armstrong, who scored a 23 points. Junior guard Daquan Brickhouse added 20 points and senior forward Michael Murray had 19 for the Eagles.
Freshman guard James Daniel led Howard with 23 points and junior guard Prince Okoroh added 18.
Coppin took a 36-28 lead into halftime after leading by as many at 14 points in the first half.
Howard charged out to a 12-4 lead, then the Bison, who had 22 turnovers in the game, were outscored 21-4 over the next five minutes. Coppin never trailed again.
With 3:12 left in the game, Coppin opened it largest lead, 84-62.
- Knicks could offer Bucks four first-round draft picks, role players for Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Pacers’ Myles Turner expresses how difficult it is to interact with fans: ‘People don’t view us as people’
- Knicks, Rangers owner James Dolan: ‘I don’t really like owning teams’
- Former Timberwolves star Kevin Garnett: ‘Anthony Edwards is too big of a personality to be Robin’
- NBA insider guarantees that the Clippers have shut down any chance of trading for James Harden
Main Page 3 days ago
LeBron James Was Investigated By DEA For PEDs, Never Did Anything Wrong In 2013 Biogenesis Probe
Main Page 1 week ago
Former NBA Player Brandon Hunter Dies At Age 42
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Oldest Ex-NBA Player Stanley ‘Whitey’ Von Nieda Dies At 101
NBA 1 week ago
NBA insider reveals Victor Wembanyama will be playing power foward, not center next season