Coppin State snapped a five-game losing streak with an 86-69 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference victory over Howard Monday night at Coppin’s Physical Education Center in Baltimore, Md.
Coppin improved to 10-18 overall and 7-8 in the MEAC, while Howard, which has lost six of its last seven, fell to 7-23 and 5-10.
Coppin was led by senior guard Andre Armstrong, who scored a 23 points. Junior guard Daquan Brickhouse added 20 points and senior forward Michael Murray had 19 for the Eagles.
Freshman guard James Daniel led Howard with 23 points and junior guard Prince Okoroh added 18.
Coppin took a 36-28 lead into halftime after leading by as many at 14 points in the first half.
Howard charged out to a 12-4 lead, then the Bison, who had 22 turnovers in the game, were outscored 21-4 over the next five minutes. Coppin never trailed again.
With 3:12 left in the game, Coppin opened it largest lead, 84-62.
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%