For four years, the letter had come to define Dan Gilbert, and the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers wanted to wash away the shame and embarrassment and guilt of it all. So Sunday, Gilbert sat down with LeBron James and his inner-circle and tried to absolve himself of a most wretched moment in time.
“We had five great years together and one terrible night,” Gilbert told James, and so started the process of reconciliation on Sunday night in Miami. “I told him how sorry I was, expressed regret for how that night went and how I let all the emotion and passion for situation carry me away. I told him I wish had never done it, that I wish I could take it back.”
- Is Kyle Lowry playing tonight (Feb. 23) against Cavaliers?
- Wizards’ Jordan Poole still owed $95.54 million over the next 3 seasons
- Thunder waive forward Aleksej Pokusevski, their 2020 first-round draft pick
- Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’
- Kevin Durant on NBA fans: ‘We’re animals, we’re circus acts to them instead of real people’
Main Page 3 days ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 3 days ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Championship Odds: Which Teams Are The Favorites To Win The NBA Title?
Headlines 4 days ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating