Duke forward Jabari Parker was named the Wayman Tisdale Freshman of the Year on Monday.
Parker will be given the award April 14 in Oklahoma City. It is selected annually by the United States Basketball Writers Association.
Round out the Freshman All-America team were Kansas center Joel Embiid, Syracuse guard Tyler Ennis, Kentucky forward Julius Randle and Kansas guard Andrew Wiggins.
The 6-foot-8 Parker averaged 19.3 points and 8.8 rebounds while shooting 47.8 percent overall and 36.9 percent from 3-point range this season.
Duke earned a No. 3 seed in the NCAA Tournament. The Blue Devils open against Mercer.
Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart won the award last season.
- Is Tyler Herro playing tonight (Feb. 29) vs. Nuggets?
- Donovan Mitchell Showing Massive Defensive Improvements
- Heat vs. Nuggets Odds, Picks, & Predictions (Feb. 29)
- LeBron James has 668 career 30-point games, 2nd most in NBA history
- Moses Moody reflects on poem he wrote back in high school to portray black man struggles
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 1 week ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
Headlines 1 week ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating
NBA 6 days ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’