Duke forward Jabari Parker was named the Wayman Tisdale Freshman of the Year on Monday.
Parker will be given the award April 14 in Oklahoma City. It is selected annually by the United States Basketball Writers Association.
Round out the Freshman All-America team were Kansas center Joel Embiid, Syracuse guard Tyler Ennis, Kentucky forward Julius Randle and Kansas guard Andrew Wiggins.
The 6-foot-8 Parker averaged 19.3 points and 8.8 rebounds while shooting 47.8 percent overall and 36.9 percent from 3-point range this season.
Duke earned a No. 3 seed in the NCAA Tournament. The Blue Devils open against Mercer.
Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart won the award last season.
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%