CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — Wednesday night’s game between No. 8 Duke and rival North Carolina has been postponed because of wintry weather, with the Blue Devils unable to make it to Chapel Hill.
No make-up date was set.
North Carolina officials said the rescheduled date won’t be Thursday because wintry conditions are expected to continue.
It was the first scheduled meeting of the season between the teams. The schools are located about 10 miles apart.
“Duke’s bus is not able to get to their campus to pick up the team in time to be able to make the trip to Chapel Hill so we can’t play this evening,” North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham said in a statement. “The safety of the teams and officials is the number one priority and this was the best decision to make at this time.
“Coach (Roy) Williams, coach (Mike) Krzyzewski, (Duke AD) Kevin White and I will be on the phone with the ACC and make a decision as to when to play the game as soon as possible.”
- Ex-76ers minority owner Michael Rubin admits to ‘violating every rule the NBA had’
- The Spurs Are Finding Their Offensive Identity Around Victor Wembanyama
- Is Donovan Mitchell playing tonight against Pistons?
- Can Brandin Podziemski extend the Golden State Warriors’ dynasty?
- Lil Wayne Says He Was ‘Treated Like S—t’ At Crypto.com Arena During Lakers Game
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 2 weeks ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating
NBA 1 week ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’