Arizona and Syracuse stayed on top of the Associated Press top 25 poll for the eighth straight week, and Florida and San Diego State made it into the top five.
No. 1 Arizona (20-0) received 63 first-place votes Monday while No. 2 Syracuse (19-0) picked up the two remaining votes.
Florida jumped from sixth to No. 3. Wichita State (21-0), the only other undefeated Division I team, climbed from fifth to No. 4. San Diego moved up two spots to No. 5.
Rounding out the top 10 were Kansas, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Villanova and Michigan. The Wolverines jumped from 21st to No. 10 after beating Michigan State. The Spartans fell from third.
No. 20 Creighton made it back into the poll after dropping out for a week. No. 25 Texas is ranked for the first time since the 2010-11 season after beating three straight ranked opponents for the first time in school history.
- Kevin Durant requests trade from Nets, wants to play for Heat or Suns
- Deandre Ayton Next Team Odds, Pistons’ Odds Increase by 25%
- Spurs trade Dejounte Murray to Hawks for Gallinari, two first-round picks
- P.J. Tucker signs with 76ers on three-year, $30 million contract
- Collin Sexton Next Team Odds, Pacers’ Odds Increase by 15%