Memphis Grizzlies point guard Mike Conley suffered an eye injury that was repaired by what one of the team’s athletic trainers called “a continuous stitch” after a collision in the fourth quarter of his team’s 95-89 overtime loss to the San Antonio Spurs.
The injury occurred when Conley collided with Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard with 3:42 left to play. Grizzlies coach David Fizdale claimed Conley was “knocked unconscious” in the collision, but the point guard said he would have returned to the game if the team’s medical staff had been able to stop the bleeding. Conley said he wasn’t sure whether he’d be available for Memphis’ matchup Wednesday against the Oklahoma City Thunder, as the team would evaluate the injured area for swelling.
Source: Michael C. Wright of ESPN
- Hornets’ LaMelo Ball Gets Neck Tattoo of LaFrancé Clothing Line Logo
- Damian Lillard says he would rather ‘lose every year’ than wear the Golden State jersey
- NBA Rumors: Raptors Interested In Damian Lillard Trade
- Ben Simmons believes the Nets will now perform better without superstars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving
- WATCH: Cavaliers President Koby Altman Perform Field Sobriety Test Before Arrest
Main Page 3 days ago
LeBron James Was Investigated By DEA For PEDs, Never Did Anything Wrong In 2013 Biogenesis Probe
Main Page 1 week ago
Former NBA Player Brandon Hunter Dies At Age 42
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Oldest Ex-NBA Player Stanley ‘Whitey’ Von Nieda Dies At 101
NBA 1 week ago
NBA insider reveals Victor Wembanyama will be playing power foward, not center next season