Miami Heat guard Jimmy Butler remains confident in his team’s ability to return to the NBA Finals this season and win the championship. However, seven games into the 2022-23 season, the Heat are 2-5.
“We’re still going to win the championship, and I don’t care what nobody says,” Butler told Sam Amick of The Athletic during an interview.
According to some NBA betting sites, the Heat now have the 11th-best odds to win the championship in 2023. A few sportsbooks have dropped Miami out of the top 10.
“We’re still going to win the championship, and I don’t care what nobody says. Count us out. We’re going to win the f*cking championship. I’m telling you. I don’t give a damn that we started 2-5.”
– Jimmy Butler pic.twitter.com/8dFMJaqlHD
— Playbook Sports (@PlaybookSN) November 1, 2022
“Count us out,” continued Butler. “We’re going to win the fu—ing championship. I’m telling you. I don’t give a damn that we started 2-5.”
Through seven games this season, Butler is averaging 21.3 points, 6.4 rebounds, 5.1 assists, and 1.7 steals.
Miami could still win the championship. The league is back to its standard 82-game season. Last season, the Heat lost in seven games against the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Heat guard Jimmy Butler believes his team will win the championship this season
Although they fell short during the 2022 NBA Playoffs, the Heat finished at the top of their conference with a 53-29 (.646) record.
It was the first time Miami earned at least 50 wins in a season since LeBron James played for the team. Of course, Tyler Herro won Sixth Man of the Year as well.
When Amick asked Butler how he feels to be playing in his 13th season, the six-time All-Star responded, “I feel great. I feel like I can still do it. Yeah, I think I did a little bit of it tonight.
I don’t want to have to do it, because we’ve got such a young, talented team, and I bank on my guys to hold me down because the marathon is more important, not the sprint. The last couple of games, I’ve done a lot more than I have been.”
Nonetheless, the Heat had a quiet offseason. In June, P.J. Tucker declined his player option with Miami and then inked a three-year, $30 million deal with the Philadelphia 76ers.
Twenty-year veteran Udonis Haslem re-signed with the Heat on a one-year, $2.91 million contract.
Then, Dewayne Dedmon signed a two-year, $9.02 million contract extension with the team. Plus, Victor Oladipo re-signed on a two-year, $18.2 million deal.
If the Heat come up short in the playoffs this season, fans will be asking why G.M. Andy Elisburg didn’t trade for Donovan Mitchell, Jae Crowder, or Boban Bogdanovic during the offseason. A lot of players were available.
But an in-season trade could be in the works. The NBA trade deadline this season is Feb. 9 at 3 p.m. ET.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander upgraded to questionable against Timberwolves
- Kawhi Leonard and Paul George Nearing Return For The Clippers Soon
- Knicks guard Jalen Brunson has no extra emotions vs. Mavericks
- Lonnie Walker IV Give Insights To His Future With The Lakers
- Lakers Front Office Considering Three Trade Scenariors Ahead of Dec.15
NBA 1 week ago
Ja Morant Drug Tested By NBA For Returning So Quick From Injury
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 2 weeks ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 1 week ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest