CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — Illinois rolled to a 114-56 non-conference victory over Coppin State on Sunday at the State Farm Center.
Ahmad Starks and Leron Black scored 18 points apiece for the Illini (2-0). Aaron Cosby made 5 of 7 from 3-point range and scored 17 points, while Rayvonte Rice and Malcolm Hill added 14 and 13 points, respectively. Kendrick Nunn also had 13 with five rebounds, two assists and one steal.
Christian Kessee and Jahvari Josiah each scored 11 to pace the Eagles (0-2)
Illinois never trailed after Rice’s layup for a 4-3 lead at the 17:27 mark. The Illini rolled on to a 59-24 halftime advantage.
The Illini lead the all-time series 5-0. The teams last met on Dec. 11, 2011 as Illinois claimed an 80-63 decision.
Coppin State opened the season on Friday with a 107-65 loss at Oregon Friday night as seniors Arnold Fripp and Josiah each reached double figures in scoring.
The Eagles resume travels to Notre Dame on Wednesday for another non-conference clash. Illinois hosts Austin Peay next Sunday in the first of three games in a six-day stretch.
- Warriors sign Andre Iguodala to one-year, $2.91 million contract
- Louisiana online sports betting handle rebounds to avoid six months of consecutive decline
- New Hampshire online sports betting records marginal decrease in August
- Clippers reveal new Statement Edition uniforms for 2022-23 season
- Anthony Davis on injuries: “I’m looking forward to a healthy year”
Main Page2 weeks ago
Bucks sign guard Iverson Molinar to one-year, $1.02 million deal
NBA1 week ago
Jayson Tatum recalls smashing Michael Jordan’s wine glass at dinner
NBA1 week ago
Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards hit with $40,000 fine for homophobic remarks
Headlines1 week ago
Lonzo Ball to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery