CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — Illinois rolled to a 114-56 non-conference victory over Coppin State on Sunday at the State Farm Center.
Ahmad Starks and Leron Black scored 18 points apiece for the Illini (2-0). Aaron Cosby made 5 of 7 from 3-point range and scored 17 points, while Rayvonte Rice and Malcolm Hill added 14 and 13 points, respectively. Kendrick Nunn also had 13 with five rebounds, two assists and one steal.
Christian Kessee and Jahvari Josiah each scored 11 to pace the Eagles (0-2)
Illinois never trailed after Rice’s layup for a 4-3 lead at the 17:27 mark. The Illini rolled on to a 59-24 halftime advantage.
The Illini lead the all-time series 5-0. The teams last met on Dec. 11, 2011 as Illinois claimed an 80-63 decision.
Coppin State opened the season on Friday with a 107-65 loss at Oregon Friday night as seniors Arnold Fripp and Josiah each reached double figures in scoring.
The Eagles resume travels to Notre Dame on Wednesday for another non-conference clash. Illinois hosts Austin Peay next Sunday in the first of three games in a six-day stretch.
- Nuggets Star Jamal Murray’s Right Ankle Injury ‘Not Serious’
- Hornets’ Vasilije Micic reveals his NBA idol to explain the importance of passing in basketball
- Philadelphia icon Allen Iverson set to be honored with sculpture on the ’76ers Legends Walk’
- Spurs’ Victor Wembanyama 1st NBA rookie to record 5+ 3-pointers, 5+ blocks in a game
- Cody Williams hopes to follow his brother Jalen’s footsteps and become top NBA Draft pick
Main Page 1 week ago
Former Rockets Guard/Forward Robert Reid Dies At 68 After Battle With Cancer
NBA 1 week ago
Anthony Edwards admits players don’t contest All-Star Game: ‘Nobody wants to come and compete’
NBA 1 week ago
Kevin Durant believes high school star Cooper Flagg could dominate NBA ‘for 15 years’
Headlines 2 weeks ago
NBA All-Star Game Sparks Rumors That Kevin Durant and Rapper Yung Miami Are Dating