Jazz sign forward Luka Samanic through the 2023-24 season
The Utah Jazz are signing forward Luka Samanic through the 2023-24 season, according to agents George Roussakis and Mark Bartelstein of Priority Sports. In late March, the Croatian basketball star inked a 10-day contract with Utah. His new deal includes guaranteed money and trigger dates.
Samanic, 23, was selected 19th overall by the San Antonio Spurs in the 2019 NBA Draft. During his rookie 2019-20 season, the 6-foot-10 wing appeared in four games with San Antonio. Samanic averaged 5.3 points, 3.3 rebounds, 2.0 assists, and 16 minutes per game.
Referring to a few NBA betting sites, the Jazz are officially eliminated from playoff contention, following Thursday night’s 114-98 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder. Sportsbooks are giving the Phoenix Suns the best odds to win the Western Conference.
The Utah Jazz are signing F Luka Samanic through the 2023-2024 season, a deal including guaranteed money and trigger dates, his agents George Roussakis and Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tell ESPN. Samanic, 23, was the 19th overall pock to the Spurs in 2019.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 7, 2023
Moreover, Samanic shot 31.3% from the field and 37.5% beyond the arc in his rookie year. In the 2020-21 season, the forward made 33 appearances. The Croatia native logged 3.7 points, 2.1 boards, and 9.3 minutes per contest. To add to these statistics, the first-rounder shot a career-best 44.8% from the floor.
Through seven appearances and two starts this season with the Jazz, Samanic is averaging career highs of 7.4 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 20.2 minutes per game. He’s also shooting a career-high-tying 44.8% from the field. However, a seven-game sample size is not much to go off of.
Utah Jazz sign forward Luka Samanic through the 2023-24 season, new contract includes guaranteed money and trigger dates
In Utah’s 135-133 win loss to the Los Angeles Lakers this past Tuesday, Luka Samanic scored a season-high 12 points in 23 minutes as a starter. Along with notching four rebounds, two dimes, and one steal, Samanic shot 5-of-6 (83.3%) from the floor and drained two 3-pointers.
Additionally, the third-year wing signed an Exhibit 10 contract with the Boston Celtics last September. While with the Maine Celtics, Boston’s G League affiliate, the forward averaged 22 points, 8.1 boards, 1.5 assists, 1.0 steal, and 29.3 minutes per game. Based on these aforementioned stats, he can succeed with the Jazz.
Samanic led the G League Showcase Cup in total rebounds with 184. Not to mention, the forward ranked ninth in points (594) during the regular season, eighth in field goals (226) and 2-point field goals (109), 41st in 3-pointers (49), sixth in offensive rebounds (56), and third in defensive rebounds (128).
Luka Samanic said that he anticipates being in Utah for a lot of the summer and potentially could play with the Jazz in Summer League as well as being here during training camp.
— Sarah Todd (@NBASarah) April 7, 2023
Furthermore, in Samanic’s early years of his basketball career, the forward represented Croatia in multiple FIBA events. In 2017, he helped his team win 90-84 over Great Britain at the FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship Division B en route to winning MVP and the gold medal.
At the NBA level, Luka Samanic is showing signs of improvement. If the Croatian can play consistent basketball with the Jazz — similar to his outings with the Maine Celtics in the G League — another multi-year extension could be in his future.
NBA Betting Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our List of The Best Sites to Bet on NBA Games.
- Best NBA Betting Apps – Top Betting Apps for NBA Ranked & Reviewed 2023.
- NBA Finals Betting – In-depth Guide for Betting on NBA Finals 2023.
- Best NBA Betting Strategies – Find the Best NBA Betting Strategy with our Expert Guide 2023.
- Free NBA Betting Picks – Discover Expert NBA Picks for Guaranteed Wins.
- NBA Betting Spreads – Learn to Bet on NBA Spreads & Claim up to $1,000 in Bonuses.
- NBA Draft Betting Guide – Best Odds, Picks and Betting Offers for 2023.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth Guide for NBA Futures Betting.
- NBA Live Betting Guide – Discover the Best NBA Live Betting Sites for 2023.
- Suns Rumors: Deandre Ayton to be traded this offseason?
- NBA Commissioner Adam Silver is cautious about Saudi investment in the NBA: ‘It’s a two-edged sword’
- Steph Curry wants the Golden State Warriors to keep their core together for at least one more season
- Denver rookie Christian Braun hopes to lift NBA trophy only a year after conquering NCAA championship
- NBA Finals 2023 Ratings Down 3% In Game 3 From Last Year’s Warriors-Celtics
Main Page 4 days ago
Magic star Jonathan Isaac to launch ‘Anti-Woke’ clothing brand UNITUS in August
NBA 2 weeks ago
LA Lakers Believe Lonzo Ball’s Potential Career-Ending Injury Caused By Big Baller Brand Shoes
Main Page 3 days ago
Highest-Paid NBA Mascots 2023: Denver Nuggets’ Rocky Earns $625K Salary
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Dallas Mavericks Not Interested in Pursuing D’Angelo Russell