NCAA News Wire
Kansas C Embiid out with back injury
Kansas freshman center Joel Embiid will sit out the team’s final two regular-season games because of a back injury.
The No. 8 Jayhawks (22-7, 13-3 Big 12) play Texas Tech on Wednesday and are at West Virginia on Saturday. Kansas already won the regular-season Big 12 title.
“I think he could return for the Big 12 tournament,” coach Bill Self told ESPN.com on Monday. “But it shouldn’t impact the NCAA tournament.”
Embiid missed Kansas’ win over TCU on Feb. 15 after injuring his back. After playing the next three games, he re-injured it in the second half of Saturday’s loss at Oklahoma State.
Embiid, a 7-footer, is averaging 11.2 points, 8.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks per game. He could be the top pick in the NBA draft if he leaves school early.
- If the Mavericks continue downfall, Luka Doncic might become one of NBA’s highest scorers to ever miss the playoffs
- Is Lauri Markkenan playing tonight (Mar. 29) vs the San Antonio Spurs?
- Kansas guard MJ Rice plans to enter NCAA transfer portal
- A Look Oregon Basketball Coach Dana Altman’s Buyout and Contract as He Calls for His Own Firing and Calls Ducks Fans “Embarrassing”
- Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, and Gregg Popovich headline the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2023
NBA 2 days ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 5 days ago
Kansas State Basketball Coach Jerome Tang Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives